PVDs

Whither

Scofflaw
Last time I was at a panel with an ET Al grievance, it got slapped down. The panel would much rather see a pile of grievances on the same issue from separate people. Of course, the problem with that is getting some weak members to file.
Well we already have had several piles of grieves on code 05. And while we won the pay we were due, the company is still refusing to restore our default paycodes back to 06.

Whither

Scofflaw
Of course, the problem with that is getting some weak members to file.
Yep, and that's longer-term, slower organizing work. It is infuriating to me that in the mean time the company is getting away with stealing these people's wages as well as their union dues.

The code 05 issue is a textbook example showing the grievance procedure is busted, and why I asked O'Brien when we will fight to remove the no-strike clauses. We have no trump card; the company deftly exploits the process to its own advantage and to make a mockery of the contract.

542thruNthru

Yep, and that's longer-term, slower organizing work. It is infuriating to me that in the mean time the company is getting away with stealing these people's wages as well as their union dues.

The code 05 issue is a textbook example showing the grievance procedure is busted, and why I asked O'Brien when we will fight to remove the no-strike clauses. We have no trump card; the company deftly exploits the process to its own advantage and to make a mockery of the contract.
Are you filing for penalty pay when your check is wrong each week. Have you spoken with your BA about the possibility of filing a ET AL grievance for the lost wages every week in your center?

Come only bends the knee when the liability starts to stack up.

Whither

Scofflaw
Are you filing for penalty pay when your check is wrong each week. Have you spoken with your BA about the possibility of filing a ET AL grievance for the lost wages every week in your center?

Come only bends the knee when the liability starts to stack up.
We have not been filing for penalty pay but now rereading Article 17 I see that it does provide for penalty pay even in the case of small (less than $50 for FT) shortages. Generally the shortages are small. I got paid $5 and change on my last grievance check. However the language is slippery, "The Union and the Employer shall have the authority at any level of the grievance procedure to award a penalty up to the amount specified in the prior paragraph [my note: 1/2 of the daily guarantee] for any violation of the provision." I will go about doing that; thanks for the suggestion. I am confident I will have to hound my officers at every step of the way to get such grieves heard and paid out, and I will certainly have to be present at the hearings.

Yes, I have spoken with my BA about filing such an ET AL grievance, and today a group of us followed up with him and he shot it down in front of 8 drivers, while repeating the company's argument for the umpteenth time, "The contract does not specify what pay code the company has to use." I need to find a tutorial on how to most-effectively file labor charges; I've reached that point with this feckless leadership group, and I will be looking to vote them out at the next election.

On a group phone call several of us agreed to work on and file a group grievance to at least get our timecards restored to code 06 as the default.