PVDs

Its_a_me

I just watched 2 PT sups load and scan trailers for 1 hour each yesterday....no one called off they simply scheduled less people that day and had more volume than expected.

*Okay I saw them and then an hour later saw them working in the same places and asked another guy scanning a different trailer and was told they were doing that because they claimed they exhausted all means (without ever talking to a single driver). None of the guys will file and the union steward cares about leaving early any way he can.

...and people expect the company to follow rules for PVD's when they start when no one else is around in the building? I wouldn't be surprised if there is a secret pile of pkgs hidden in a corner of the building every night.

Thebrownblob

At my building hiring and training new FT delivery drivers is year round including during Peak. But between drivers quitting or getting hurt or getting drunk driving charges, we are still short most of the time.
And your point? If you did the job more than 30 days in 90 you should be full-time as well.

100%

It is not an accident, that DIAD 6 doesn't allow you to change or edit your punch-in code, and you have to beg management to edit it, daily.

Sitting by the clock will get you a stealing time reprimand, and afterwards they are going to have you cleaning toilets and every nasty job you can imagine.
I sit on the clock to get my 8. How is getting guaranteed stealing time?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
@PT Car Washer

Maybe.... if UPS just paid the PT folks better ?

1669555279193.png

Whither

Scofflaw
You’re guaranteed 8 hours of work, not 8 hours of pay.
Not true in the Central. We're guaranteed 8 hrs pay per Article 12.7 of the Central Supplement, and the company admitted as much by paying out our ≥ 7.5 hr but < 8 hr grieves rather than carrying on the fight to regional panel (we call it JACs here). I have yet to get a clear, evidence-supported answer why 7.5 hrs paid is the magic # -- some reps say by local agreement, some say a panel decision, but my position remains the same. We are owed our guarantee per contract, unless we agree to take a code 05/pay actual. It is up to mgmt to do the managing; it is not our responsibility to ask for extra work.