Qualification Question

Hi, I was wondering if UPS has to put you on a training route while qualifying or if they could change your route day to day. If they can't and then "DQ" you over your times, could it be grieved?

PT Car Washer

Hi, I was wondering if UPS has to put you on a training route while qualifying or if they could change your route day to day. If they can't and then "DQ" you over your times, could it be grieved?
Each Ctr has dedicated training routes and you will be put on just one. Start you out with like a 4 to 6 hour day (by their numbers) and gradually increase the work load up to a full day.

Quietly go speak to your driver steward or BA. Best to say nothing to management unless they DQ you. Just keep asking how high they’d like you to jump!
I already got "DQed". They said I was late getting back by 5 minutes to 10 minutes on a few different days. The route was different everyday so that wasn't surprising to me. The driving stewerds know about it and work really hard at avoiding the question. Its almost like they know I should have been on a training route during my qualification but are to scared to say anything to management about it.

When I asked management why I wasn't on a training route and why I was delivering in a new city every day their answer was: "We add stuff to the route everyday you drive until you are at 8 hours" ????? That doesn't even come close to answering the question I asked.

I am very confused.

Each Ctr has dedicated training routes and you will be put on just one. Start you out with like a 4 to 6 hour day (by their numbers) and gradually increase the work load up to a full day.
My office has 3 training routes. I was put on a random route that changed daily, that is why I am asking the question... if feels like I wasn't given an actual chance to qualify.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My office has 3 training routes. I was put on a random route that changed daily, that is why I am asking the question... if feels like I wasn't given an actual chance to qualify.
Ive been gone awhile, but I think that since you are in the union, you need to talk to a steward in your center. If that doesnt work, go higher. You SHOULD be on the same route for 30 days, although they can add and subtract areas from it.

542thruNthru

I already got "DQed". They said I was late getting back by 5 minutes to 10 minutes on a few different days. The route was different everyday so that wasn't surprising to me. The driving stewerds know about it and work really hard at avoiding the question. Its almost like they know I should have been on a training route during my qualification but are to scared to say anything to management about it.
When I asked management why I wasn't on a training route and why I was delivering in a new city every day their answer was: "We add stuff to the route everyday you drive until you are at 8 hours" ????? That doesn't even come close to answering the question I asked.

I am very confused.
Was the route the same route ID everything? Like route 56A?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

I am very confused.
tell them maybe if you left the building at a decent time you might be able to run scratch.
🧔‍♂️✊

HavenoEDD

I am very confused.
Ok…so what’s the real reason why you were DQ’d?

HavenoEDD

I believe he gave a reason, sir.
These posts (that show up on this forum EVERY YEAR) are for the most part never the full story.
Sorry for my skepticism but for management to DQ someone for a few minutes being over isn’t the whole picture. They didn’t like him or he was a liability.
Management can and do regularly switch and change time cards to help those they want who are close to scratching. Seen it with my own eyes. In 20 years plus I’ve seen guys be DQ’d for anything and everything but a DW for being a few minutes over tells me that they didn’t want him or there’s more to it.

These posts (that show up on this forum EVERY YEAR) are for the most part never the full story.
Sorry for my skepticism but for management to DQ someone for a few minutes being over isn’t the whole picture. They didn’t like him or he was a liability.
Management can and do regularly switch and change time cards to help those they want who are close to scratching. Seen it with my own eyes. In 20 years plus I’ve seen guys be DQ’d for anything and everything but a DW for being a few minutes over tells me that they didn’t want him or there’s more to it.
I was told by my preload supervisor this morning that they said i was dqed because i was to old andto start driving. I am 42.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
They can’t just keep changing up your route constantly. We have a guy who got auto qualified after being dq’d here. Same :censored2: