Qualified “30 days”

thetee398

Today I was told by supervisor that I failed to qualify. It was my 19th day and I was 65 clicks over yesterday. There was severe thunderstorms to. I really felt like I was improving and would have been making scratch next week. I have never came back after 9.5. It’s been 3 months since my interview with UPS for the job. I was hired off the street. I went to intergrad and passed it and then they made me wait a month before I started. I was only working 2/3 days a week and driving over an hour to work everyday getting there hour early to prep my truck and they would say “you don’t work today”. I just don’t understand how I failed to qualify when I wasn’t even given a chance to finish the 30 days. I had 4 late airs tuesday but they were the ones that showed up needed be delivered by 8:30 but I don’t start till 8:45. They hired 4 of us at the same time and 2 of them have already been let go and the 4th has only worked 10 days so he is probably next. I really don’t think I didn’t qualify because of my speed/wrong doings. Feels like they just didn’t need new drivers and didn’t want to qualify cover drivers because there isn’t ring work anyways

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
It was probably decided before you even started your packet. I'm betting, that the only way they were gonna pass you is if you absolutely smashed the numbers. Don't feel bad or take it personally, you'll get another shot. Might have to be a 22.4 or air driver for a while

thetee398

It was probably decided before you even started your packet. I'm betting, that the only way they were gonna pass you is if you absolutely smashed the numbers. Don't feel bad or take it personally, you'll get another shot. Might have to be a 22.4 or air driver for a while
Hard not take it personally and how would I become a 22.4 driver.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
They shouldn’t be hiring off the street for that position anyway. There are people that break their backs for years just for a shot and here comes Joe Blow off the street with zero skin in the game. Feeder and package should never be off the street hires, in my opinion.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Hard not take it personally and how would I become a 22.4 driver.
We are a giant corporate conglomerate. The sooner you realize that you are nothing more than a number, the better. This isn't the mom and pop store where all you have to do is show up on time and work hard to get a job.

Each center has it's own hiring process that is meticulously planned out by center manager and above. It sounds like they wanted to get some guys into school and on the road, draft the ones who make their numbers look good early, then have you and those couple others that failed available for the 22.4/air "pool." Of course, this is just speculation stemming from my personal experiences and observations. But just sit tight, they will need guys soon enough and you've already been to integrad and they know you can go out there and work a full day without hitting anything. You'll get another shot.

thetee398

They shouldn’t be hiring off the street for that position anyway. There are people that break their backs for years just for a shot and here comes Joe Blow off the street with zero skin in the game. Feeder and package should never be off the street hires, in my opinion.
It’s the Union contract here promote 4 inside then 1 outside

thetee398

We are a giant corporate conglomerate. The sooner you realize that you are nothing more than a number, the better. This isn't the mom and pop store where all you have to do is show up on time and work hard to get a job.

Each center has it's own hiring process that is meticulously planned out by center manager and above. It sounds like they wanted to get some guys into school and on the road, draft the ones who make their numbers look good early, then have you and those couple others that failed available for the 22.4/air "pool." Of course, this is just speculation stemming from my personal experiences and observations. But just sit tight, they will need guys soon enough and you've already been to integrad and they know you can go out there and work a full day without hitting anything. You'll get another shot.
I’m well aware that they can hire off the street per union guidelines. Still doesn’t make it right.
i worked as a helper over winter and I’m
Preety sure nobody inside wanted to be a driver to so they were forced to hire outside to

thetee398

I guess I’ll find out Monday. When he told me today I said I know I can scratch if you give me few more days but he told on Monday. Just sucks how I thought everything was fine then randomly I’m let go.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
i worked as a helper over winter and I’m
Preety sure nobody inside wanted to be a driver to so they were forced to hire outside to
If nobody wanted the job, that’s one thing. At my hub, the sign up list is over 8 pages long every time it’s posted and they still hire off the street. That’s when I have an issue.

Indecisi0n

Today I was told by supervisor that I failed to qualify. It was my 19th day and I was 65 clicks over yesterday. There was severe thunderstorms to. I really felt like I was improving and would have been making scratch next week. I have never came back after 9.5. It’s been 3 months since my interview with UPS for the job. I was hired off the street. I went to intergrad and passed it and then they made me wait a month before I started. I was only working 2/3 days a week and driving over an hour to work everyday getting there hour early to prep my truck and they would say “you don’t work today”. I just don’t understand how I failed to qualify when I wasn’t even given a chance to finish the 30 days. I had 4 late airs tuesday but they were the ones that showed up needed be delivered by 8:30 but I don’t start till 8:45. They hired 4 of us at the same time and 2 of them have already been let go and the 4th has only worked 10 days so he is probably next. I really don’t think I didn’t qualify because of my speed/wrong doings. Feels like they just didn’t need new drivers and didn’t want to qualify cover drivers because there isn’t ring work anyways
They can and will disqualify you for any reason. A lot of the times they hire you guys telling you they are short people and if you prove yourself you will have a job at the end of the day. In reality they are fulled staffed but they know if they dangle a carrot in front of you they will get you to work really hard and get as much work out of you at the cheapest rate. At the end they just cut you loose. Its how they run their business.

thetee398

They can and will disqualify you for any reason. A lot of the times they hire you guys telling you they are short people and if you prove yourself you will have a job at the end of the day. In reality they are fulled staffed but they know if they dangle a carrot in front of you they will get you to work really hard and get as much work out of you at the cheapest rate. At the end they just cut you loose. Its how they run their business.
Yeh idk just dosnt seem right. Every driver would come up to me and say your doing fine your gonna qualify then I get hit with this.

Indecisi0n

Yeh idk just dosnt seem right. Every driver would come up to me and say your doing fine your gonna qualify then I get hit with this.
We have had guys run scratch almost everyday but still not get the job at the end of their period simply because the center manager didn't like the person. It's just how it is.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
65 clicks over? Geez I'm over by that much almost every day and nobody says anything, probably because I follow Orion and the GPS thing 100%.

Work as directed!

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Sounds like you may be one of the first waves of 22.4s. The others are probably just now finishing up/starting integrad. Sit tight. You’ll get a chance soon.

thetee398

65 clicks over? Geez I'm over by that much almost every day and nobody says anything, probably because I follow Orion and the GPS thing 100%.

Work as directed!
I do follow it in the best order I can. Only time I don’t is when I don’t think I can get those stops off before my airs because the thing dosnt realize that takes 40 minutes to actually get there

thetee398

Sounds like you may be one of the first waves of 22.4s. The others are probably just now finishing up/starting integrad. Sit tight. You’ll get a chance soon.
I wouldn’t mind doing that for a little but just sucks feeling like I’m getting lied to when I wish they would be honest.

thetee398

Work as directed!
And also I looked at the sheets they post wall every morning for previous day and it shows average at like 73 clicks over.