Quandary......ON TOPIC

What would you do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McFeely

Huge Member
Houses in a rural area.

This was my guess, not businesses. I used to have a rural route and was amazed at the number of houses not attempted by the SAT crew on my route, even when I supplied awesome descriptions in enotes.

When I volunteer for SAT shifts, I'm on OT so I do my P1s separate from my P2s and reattempt all closed businesses. My numbers look horrible, but the Monday people appreciate my efforts and love the enotes I put on their routes. Think of them like Easter eggs for those who look for them.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Inform your Ops Mgr and let him or her do whatever. If it doesn't change, go to the SM. If that doesn't do anything, a nice email to your MD will likely get lots of things to happen. With luck, that courier will get fired.

BootsOnTarmac

This was my guess, not businesses. I used to have a rural route and was amazed at the number of houses not attempted by the SAT crew on my route, even when I supplied awesome descriptions in enotes.

When I volunteer for SAT shifts, I'm on OT so I do my P1s separate from my P2s and reattempt all closed businesses. My numbers look horrible, but the Monday people appreciate my efforts and love the enotes I put on their routes. Think of them like Easter eggs for those who look for them.

Since the "People" part of the FedEx "PSP" philosophy has dropped off, it's good to here from "People" like you who contribute to the "Service" part. Let's hope that our "Service" increases our "Profits" and that FedEx puts that back into taking care of our "People" with better pay and benefits. I still believe what goes around should come around. I used to have dreams of sunny sky's with rainbows and purring kittens suckling on their mommy's teat. Now I just WAD and spend the majority of my paycheck paying a mortgage and providing for my children with little left over for the American Dream.

MassWineGuy

I would definitely speak with the lazy courier first. If nothing improves, then I'd speak with my manager. Apologizing to your customers while giving them the 800 number so they can complain about Saturday service might also help.

haller

If all else fails, just tell the customers to call FedEx and complain. It sucks when tracking data shows out for delivery, you are available to receive the delivery, and no attempt is made.

I had a gripe with Fedex about the very same thing a few months back, i've lived here for over 10 years but nope if they say i don't exist, i don't exist. No attempt made even though i paid for express. Filed a claim, i wanted my money back immediately.

Anyways OP, hopefully your talk gets through to them. Sucks to have to pull the trigger on someone but rules are rules.

vantexan

Inform your Ops Mgr and let him or her do whatever. If it doesn't change, go to the SM. If that doesn't do anything, a nice email to your MD will likely get lots of things to happen. With luck, that courier will get fired.
Of course one risks ostracism for ratting out a fellow courier, even if they're in the wrong. Big station, might not make much difference. Small station, people get ugly.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If it has to go beyond ops mgr and SM to the MD, why stop with the courier? If the ops mgr and SM aren't doing their jobs, either, clean house. Problem solved, example set.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The courier was spoken to yesterday, explaining why they couldn't do that...screwing fellow couriers, screwing customers, and falsification. Response was, I'll do better. .... We shall see.

Oldfart

Good way to get on the SM crap list. Going to the MD over something like that might not be the best move. If a discussion with the courier doesn't help and your manager and the senior won't step up, I would just move on and let it go. You have to pick your battles.

59 Dano

Good way to get on the SM crap list. Going to the MD over something like that might not be the best move. If a discussion with the courier doesn't help and your manager and the senior won't step up, I would just move on and let it go. You have to pick your battles.

In the email to the MD (assuming the ops mgr and senior wouldn't address the problem) I would state that I spoke to each (mentioning their names, employee numbers, the dates of the discussions, and the results) and that the problem still exists. I'd also cc the ops and senior managers, as well as the HR advisor(s). And I'd have a list of the stops in question along with a statement from any of the recipients who cared enough to say anything about it. And just for kicks and giggles I'd include a sentence or two about worrying about retaliation.

For the record, I'm pretty good at picking battles. I don't fruck around, especially when I'm in the right and the offending parties didn't rectify the situation after being given the opportunity. YMMV.

59 Dano

The courier was spoken to yesterday, explaining why they couldn't do that...screwing fellow couriers, screwing customers, and falsification. Response was, I'll do better. .... We shall see.

See, that's something I just couldn't bring myself to do. The courier is an adult and knows darn well that he shouldn't be doing what he's doing, and he also knows why. I wouldn't explain anything to him. Let him justify his own actions to his boss.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
See, that's something I just couldn't bring myself to do. The courier is an adult and knows darn well that he shouldn't be doing what he's doing, and he also knows why. I wouldn't explain anything to him. Let him justify his own actions to his boss.
A bug was also dropped in the ear of the Ops Lead who had been wondering why the courier has been finishing earlier then anyone else who runs the route. I'm sure he'll be paying attention now.

Schweddy

Balls

I "get" what you're saying but not all managers actually inform their employees of wtf is actually expected. They just watch for you to mess up and then have you sign an OLCC or write you up. And some folks learn from bad examples and this could be the scenario. It could be laziness. It could be a lot of things. But I actually appreciate coworkers that give heads up about what might be a best practice. The approach is just as important, too, imo.

Just like being able to glean from this forum about things I didn't know were ever expected or things that happen. The sad part is, the boss might only see it as drama or whining because now they have to deal with something that isn't bs paperwork. But this to me is leadership and teamwork and it's one thing that needs more attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.