Quandary......ON TOPIC

What would you do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Did they compensate you for all of that extra effort?
The bump in pay wasn't worth the aggravation at the time, but I took that experience forward after 6 months and now manage for another guy for a lot more $. And believe me, going from 24 to 7 drivers is almost a vacation each day.

vantexan

Tell me how a courier's perspective on being held accountable for his actions are any different from anyone else's.
If you were a courier you'd know. And it's not about the one being held accountable, it's about the one who makes assumptions about how everyone else works and is constantly prying. Not talking about Operational Needs, who has a real problem with a specific courier. Talking about those who always think they know what's going on, who are always snooping, who have axes to grind over nothing. Pain in the backside couriers who are either the mgr's buddy or the mgr's worst nightmare. If you've never worked in a station with a mgr who heads a clique you wouldn't know.

Last edited:

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
If you were a courier you'd know. And it's not about the one being held accountable, it's about the one who makes assumptions about how everyone else works and is constantly prying. Not talking about Operational Needs, who has a real problem with a specific courier. Talking about those who always think they know what's going on, who are always snooping, who have axes to grind over nothing. Pain in the backside couriers who are either the mgr's buddy or the mgr's worst nightmare. If you've never worked in a station with a mgr who heads a clique you wouldn't know.
Has anyone ever asked 59 Dano what exactly he does? I will, Dano, you get a lot of hate here... may I ask where in the chain you are? Outsider, insider? Driver once? Pilot? Tell us who you are!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Can I ask you a question since you seem to be management?? What is the purpose of the Policy Manual and is it open to being applied at will, or not, at the whim of Senior Management?

The purpose of the policy manuals is to catalog the policies and their application. Many policies are, by design and by letter, to grant ops mgrs and seniors discretion in their application.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Talking about those who always think they know what's going on, who are always snooping, who have axes to grind over nothing. Pain in the backside couriers who are either the mgr's buddy or the mgr's worst nightmare. If you've never worked in a station with a mgr who heads a clique you wouldn't know.

Earth to vantexan, that's just about every workplace in the USA.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The purpose of the policy manuals is to catalog the policies and their application. Many policies are, by design and by letter, to grant ops mgrs and seniors discretion in their application.
Okay. What about the policies that are plain black and white?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What are the circumstances of the situation you're asking about?
You sure are being cagey. I'm talking about a SM telling FTers that if they work Saturdays (day off) that they will only going to be given two hours show up time, but Monday-Friday, four.

vantexan

Earth to vantexan, that's just about every workplace in the USA.
Sure, but as I've transferred more than most, I can assure you that it's not the same everywhere. The single biggest factor in a courier's job satisfaction IMO after his route is his manager. I wonder if you're the kind of mgr who likes to pick and pick? Likes to use his position to "friend" with people? You just strike me that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.