Question about a termination.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Time for my derail...

I have heard this many times but our steward and center seem to not know anything about it. Know where it came from so I can plaster it all over the building and then wipe my ass with the extra sheets.

I thought it came from national grievance panel or some arbitration. Educate me if I'm wrong.
But what are the donkey DOK questions and answers.

I’m dying to know.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
There was a national level decision that knowing dok is not a condition of employment.

This was possibly in 2007 or so yes?

Things might have changed since then. I remember reading some case briefs from a lawsuit that a feeder filed regarding being terminated for not knowing his DOK. In short, the company gave him paid opportunity to learn it and he failed or refused to learn the DOK. His termination was upheld.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
lmSY3UKncOZb.gif

Brownslave688

This was possibly in 2007 or so yes?

Things might have changed since then. I remember reading some case briefs from a lawsuit that a feeder filed regarding being terminated for not knowing his DOK. In short, the company gave him paid opportunity to learn it and he failed or refused to learn the DOK. His termination was upheld.
What if you have a learning disability.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’d they got a little overzealous with the DOK I’d flash my circle of liars patch on my sleeve at them

They’d find somebody else to screw with

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
What if you have a learning disability.
I believe that was what the driver was claiming. It seems pretty sketchy that he lost the suit and I think there were some other underlying issues.
Even though I am somewhat knowledgeable in law and legal issues, I can't remember all the cases I read and this is one of them. Getting old sucks. Hopefully someone can answer both our questions.

Indecisi0n

Time for my derail...

I have heard this many times but our steward and center seem to not know anything about it. Know where it came from so I can plaster it all over the building and then wipe my ass with the extra sheets.

I thought it came from national grievance panel or some arbitration. Educate me if I'm wrong.
Give your center manager a copy of the contract and ask him to find it . It's not in there . They went after him because it sounds like he came off like a dixhkead . He should have just said he doesn't remember them .

Brownslave688

I believe that was what the driver was claiming. It seems pretty sketchy that he lost the suit and I think there were some other underlying issues.
Even though I am somewhat knowledgeable in law and legal issues, I can't remember all the cases I read and this is one of them. Getting old sucks. Hopefully someone can answer both our questions.
I mean as long as he could drive and not hit anything and prove he had working knowledge.

There had to be other issues.