Question about Healthcare

Randy308

I am a corporate employee and will be 55 next year. If I retire, can anyone simply explain to me what my healthcare benefits should be? For example, I currently have Aetna insurance covering myself and spouse. Will I still be able to be covered by Aetna via the UPS healthcare plan until I am 65? How would annual healthcare coverage premiums compare as an employee vs. a retiree? Any info anyone can share is appreciated. Thanks

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I am a corporate employee and will be 55 next year. If I retire, can anyone simply explain to me what my healthcare benefits should be? For example, I currently have Aetna insurance covering myself and spouse. Will I still be able to be covered by Aetna via the UPS healthcare plan until I am 65? How would annual healthcare coverage premiums compare as an employee vs. a retiree? Any info anyone can share is appreciated. Thanks

I believe that you are fully covered once you turn 55 and become eligible for a full retirement ( 25 or 30 years). There are no annual healthcare premiums unlike when you are active, you and your spouse are fully covered till 65 or when Medicare kicks in.