Question about hiring

Showtime1990

So I'm a FedEx Ground driver trying to better my life and get in with the other side lol. I'm applying for a driver's job and I'm almost at the end of the application and see it says Peak Season Agreement. "I acknowledge that my employment is temporary, that I have no guarantee of full-time or part-time employment with United Parcel Service ("UPS") and that my employment may be terminated on or before September 2, 2020"...Isn't it too early to be doing Peak season hiring plus seeing that they can discard you before Peak even starts? Is it worth it to still apply? Thanks for any feedback.

Indecisi0n

So I'm a FedEx Ground driver trying to better my life and get in with the other side lol. I'm applying for a driver's job and I'm almost at the end of the application and see it says Peak Season Agreement. "I acknowledge that my employment is temporary, that I have no guarantee of full-time or part-time employment with United Parcel Service ("UPS") and that my employment may be terminated on or before September 2, 2020"...Isn't it too early to be doing Peak season hiring plus seeing that they can discard you before Peak even starts? Is it worth it to still apply? Thanks for any feedback.
No one will be able to answer this for you. Off the street hires have to be hired at a specific hiring ratio. It's really all about being at the right place at the right time.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Some areas have a seasonal period in the summer months due to increase of vacations. If you take the job you will be a seasonal hire with no guarantee of having a job once the seasonal period is over.

If you want to keep getting a paycheck I would stick with Fedex.

barnyard

KTM rider
My building hires 2-4 summer seasonals every year. Most are asked to come back at peak and if they want, the next summer. I have seen several of them offered FT jobs after working 2-4 seasons.

In the end, no one here can decide if it is worth it for you. Only you can do that. It also may be a moot point. In my building, FEg on the resume is a deal breaker. Too many bad habits.

My building hires 2-4 summer seasonals every year. Most are asked to come back at peak and if they want, the next summer. I have seen several of them offered FT jobs after working 2-4 seasons.

In the end, no one here can decide if it is worth it for you. Only you can do that. It also may be a moot point. In my building, FEg on the resume is a deal breaker. Too many bad habits.
I too have seen seasonal drivers work season after season while never being hired permanent. Best bet is to start PT and bid a FT job.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
It depends on the location. We are hiring straight into permanent full time even though they could hire seasonal under our supplement.

watdaflock?

If another stimulus check is sent out, we'll continue being swamped until 2021.
Be on time every day, along with "runner gunner" while still temporary. You'll get hired. Only concern may come when things slow down and you're at the bottom of the totem pole.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Our building has been hiring off the street, telling them to load for a month n then put in for driving. Idk if thatll mean they're keeping them....used to be load 1yr then go driving.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
There is probably no better time to take this gamble.

If it doesn’t work out you can just go back to fed ex ground

Dumbo

I can tell you that when I was hired off the street a few years ago, I had the same agreement or whatever it is in my online application, which I had to agree to. I had the HR guy who hired me clarify over and over again that I was to be full time permanent driver position before I accepted. I had no problems in that regard. But honestly? You never know with UPS. I would make sure to have them clarify it to you before moving on and get it recorded.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Our dm announced yesterday that if we knew any good fedex drivers, tell them to put in an application. Only problem is, our center manager disqualifies every single driver that a certain on road sup trains, just out of childish revenge. I wish those 2 would fight it out and get rid of all the stupid drama.