Question about the new contract pay?

Ant12

I got hired seasonal in November and right now I'm getting paid 8.50 and they kept me on permanently. The training people told me that once it's January 1st and the contract is passed I will be paid 10$(since that is the new starting pay for new hires) apparently I'm suppose to get reimbursed $1.50 for every hour that I have worked since January 1st once the contract passes. How will I get my money, and when will this damn contract pass lol?!

BryantheLion

I leef deengs up n boot dem down
Yes, you will get retro pay whenever they decide to pay you. As for the contract, who knows.

While I'm here, I have a question on the contract raise. I'm making $8.50 as well, if I get certified in a skill position, I'll be at $9.50. The question is if I'll get a $0.50 raise to equal the $10/hr or is it $1.50 on top of the $9.50? If the former, I'll hold off on that $1 raise until I'm at $10 so I can become skilled and make $11/hr, lol.

EDIT: People are going to tell you to search the forum due to a ton of people asking similar questions.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Yes, you will get retro pay whenever they decide to pay you. As for the contract, who knows.

While I'm here, I have a question on the contract raise. I'm making $8.50 as well, if I get certified in a skill position, I'll be at $9.50. The question is if I'll get a $0.50 raise to equal the $10/hr or is it $1.50 on top of the $9.50? If the former, I'll hold off on that $1 raise until I'm at $10 so I can become skilled and make $11/hr, lol.

EDIT: People are going to tell you to search the forum due to a ton of people asking similar questions.
What about the 90 day $1 raise? Wouldn't $10.00 + $1.00 (90 day) + $1.00 (skill pay) =$12.00

RolloTony Brown Town

What about the 90 day $1 raise? Wouldn't $10.00 + $1.00 (90 day) + $1.00 (skill pay) =$12.00

There isn't a 90 day $1 raise anymore. You could still go get the skill pay though, just be sure to stay on ups and the union after the contract passes so you get the extra 1.50 bump and retro pay. I understand why you're waiting so you don't end up being the guy who gets screwed over but if you pay attention and keep in contact with your stewards about it you won't get screwed. It all depends on how badly you care about your money.

The earlier you get that skill pay, the more money you make overall in the meantime.

Ant12

There isn't a 90 day $1 raise anymore. You could still go get the skill pay though, just be sure to stay on ups and the union after the contract passes so you get the extra 1.50 bump and retro pay. I understand why you're waiting so you don't end up being the guy who gets screwed over but if you pay attention and keep in contact with your stewards about it you won't get screwed. It all depends on how badly you care about your money.

The earlier you get that skill pay, the more money you make overall in the meantime.
Lol what the :censored2: no more 1$ 90 day raise :(? How long will I stay at 10$ once the contract passes until the next raise?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lol what the :censored2: no more 1$ 90 day raise :(? How long will I stay at 10$ once the contract passes until the next raise?
I actually made this argument at our local meetings. BA said part timers get a $1.50 raise. I said no really. They get a $1.50 raise for 3 months. Then it's a 50 cent raise and over the life of 4 year progression I think a 73 cent raise.

So they were right when they told us $1.50 raise starting pay. That all it is thought $1.50 right when you start. From there it's downhill.

BryantheLion

I leef deengs up n boot dem down

Aren't we still running on the old contract until the new one passes? I did hear in the new contract that there would be no 90 Day $1 raise, but we're still running with the old one, correct? I'm supposed to get mine next month.

As for the $1.50 raise, I don't think I had my question answered, but is it a $1.50 raise even if you're at $9.50? Or if you're at $9.50, will they give you a $0.50 raise to equal the $10/hr rate?

jaker

trolling
Wow you guys are real desperate for this raise , I already seeing a lot of stuff passing on the next vote because these guys are hard up for that raise

Don't get me wrong I will be glad when is done but I don't care how long it takes to do it right

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Wow you guys are real desperate for this raise , I already seeing a lot of stuff passing on the next vote because these guys are hard up for that raise

Don't get me wrong I will be glad when is done but I don't care how long it takes to do it right
Sounds like a Driver out of touch with the reality of the part-timers plight.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I actually made this argument at our local meetings. BA said part timers get a $1.50 raise. I said no really. They get a $1.50 raise for 3 months. Then it's a 50 cent raise and over the life of 4 year progression I think a 73 cent raise.

So they were right when they told us $1.50 raise starting pay. That all it is thought $1.50 right when you start. From there it's downhill.
Sorry, I'm slow....can you break down the 4 year progression for me please?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

I don't care how long it takes. The locals that are holding out deserve a fair contract....and the longer it takes, the bigger my retro check gets!

Inthegame

The PT progression (for those hired after 8/1/13)the OP was wondering about mirrors the past agreement of .50 per year for 4 years. The beginning base increases to $10/$11(preloader/sorter). The $1.00 increase after 90 days disappeared so the $1.50 increase from $8.50 to $10.00 (in the yet to be ratified deal) is really a $.50 base increase.

Inthegame

BB, my apologies. The new agreement does NOT mirror the old in PT progression. The new numbers are
start $11.00, seniority +1yr $11.50, sen +2yrs $12, sen + 3yrs $13, sen + 4yrs $13.50
tried to edit but I've caught 407 disease and am having trouble with this new format.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
BB, my apologies. The new agreement does NOT mirror the old in PT progression. The new numbers are
start $11.00, seniority +1yr $11.50, sen +2yrs $12, sen + 3yrs $13, sen + 4yrs $13.50
tried to edit but I've caught 407 disease and am having trouble with this new format.
What about those of us PTers grandfathered in under the contract that ended in 2007? We were getting two .50 cents raises a year (.50 on our seniority date and .50 on August 1st)...does that continue?

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What about those of us PTers grandfathered in under the contract that ended in 2007? We were getting two .50 cents raises a year (.50 on our seniority date and .50 on August 1st)...does that continue?
No. You'll get the GWI. For part timers I'm not sure what those were. No split raises the first 3 years though. Full raise August 1

Ant12

I don't really care too much either but when I realize I'm making 25 cents above minimum wage i kinda get pissed off lol

livin the dream

i was hired late august 2012. does this new contract not apply to me the same way it would apply to someone hired after 8-1-2013? i honestly don't think they could make it more confusing if they tried, and trust me i've looked into this extensively. i feel like everybody i talk to gives me different answers.