Question about the new contract pay?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I don't really care too much either but when I realize I'm making 25 cents above minimum wage i kinda get pissed off lol

Sorry bud, but I don't think the retro applies to you since you didn't gain seniority before August 1st. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but that's what my shop steward said.

Inthegame

i was hired late august 2012. does this new contract not apply to me the same way it would apply to someone hired after 8-1-2013? i honestly don't think they could make it more confusing if they tried, and trust me i've looked into this extensively. i feel like everybody i talk to gives me different answers.
The progression rates are different for you, however you'll get no less than and in most cases more than new hires after 8/1/13. Since you were hired prior to 8/1/13 you'll get the .70 (GWI) increase on top of your existing progression rate, when the agreement is fully ratified. You're entitled to retro pay as is every employee who has attained seniority on or before 8/1/2013. This language is in Art 22 Sec 5 of the National Master (yet to be ratified) Agreement.

quamba 638

What's going to happen to all the people who have come and gone since last August? Is UPS going to actually mail them a check for the back pay?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What's going to happen to all the people who have come and gone since last August? Is UPS going to actually mail them a check for the back pay?

UPS will forward a check to the address that they have on record which is why it is so important to make sure that your personal contact information is up to date. This can be done through the link on upsers. If UPS does mail a check and it is returned I have to think that it would be turned over to the state and treated like any other unclaimed funds.

I hope that they will direct deposit these funds and will give us adequate notice as to the deposit date so that we can take steps to reduce the tax hit.

PT Car Washer

I believe you must be a current employee to receive the retro checks. When you quit you forfeit any future or past raises. We are still working under the old contract.

upschuck

I hope that they will direct deposit these funds and will give us adequate notice as to the deposit date so that we can take steps to reduce the tax hit.
It is not that big of a deal, you get it back at the end of year. I know people will say "You are suppose to only get back a little", but I like that chuck of change at the end of year, and that extra $.23 in interest is not going to make or break me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I believe you must be a current employee to receive the retro checks. When you quit you forfeit any future or past raises. We are still working under the old contract.

This is 100% untrue.

The term "retro" is short for "retroactive" which means all FT seniority hourlies who worked on or after August 1, 2013, will receive a check for $.70/hr for all hours worked at the regular rate and $1.05/hr for all hours worked at the overtime rate, regardless of whether you are still working here or not. I don't know what the PT raises will be but the principle is the same.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is not that big of a deal, you get it back at the end of year. I know people will say "You are suppose to only get back a little", but I like that chuck of change at the end of year, and that extra $.23 in interest is not going to make or break me.

When I go on vacation I zero out my 401k contributions and change my W-4 to 9 to get the maximum out of those checks.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I would think that Upsers.com would be unavailable to change info if you no longer work there. I'd figure they would lock that SS# or Employee #.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I would think that Upsers.com would be unavailable to change info if you no longer work there. I'd figure they would lock that SS# or Employee #.
I know retirees can continue to access upsers for 6 months---I'm not sure about those who separated or were terminated.

Management retirees can access indefinitely.
I know some retired more than 10 years who still access.
Don't know about Teamster retirees.

PT Car Washer

This is 100% untrue.

The term "retro" is short for "retroactive" which means all FT seniority hourlies who worked on or after August 1, 2013, will receive a check for $.70/hr for all hours worked at the regular rate and $1.05/hr for all hours worked at the overtime rate, regardless of whether you are still working here or not. I don't know what the PT raises will be but the principle is the same.
Going to have to disagree with you on this. Sorry it took so long to get back. Just got off after driving Saturday air and doing pick ups. Then coming home to finish shoveling snow. Can you imagine the logistics of trying to track down all the thousands of seasonal and others who only stayed a few weeks or months. Maybe tens of thousands. Just for a $20.00 or $30.00 check.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Seasonals will not be entitled to retro pay.

I am talking about employees on the books as of 1 August who retired, separated or were terminated. Any hours worked by those employees on or after 1 August will be multiplied by $.70 or $1.05 to determine their total retroactive paycheck (less taxes).

PT Car Washer

I would agree an employee who retires would receive the retroactive pay. I work at a medium (?) size hub in the Midwest and I see new faces all the time. I can't believe UPS would try to send a retroactive pay check to all the employees who only lasted weeks or even made seniority and have left between Aug 1 and whenever the contract is settled. If ex employee went thru the union to force the issue? Well then maybe.