Question- driver currently trying to qualify

10 Pt

Some pickups that don't have something everyday are cool and get what our jobs are like and offered to txt me yes or no for pickup.

Their idea, not my request but it's really appreciated! Especially since it always seems like the place out of the way.
This is great for a qualified driver but if an unqualified driver gets bad info from shipping personnel and pkgs, especially next days or exports, are missed then it becomes a problem.

Over 70

This is great for a qualified driver but if an unqualified driver gets bad info from shipping personnel and pkgs, especially next days or exports, are missed then it becomes a problem.

I'm not qualified yet, thanks for the warning. If I don't get the txt by a certain time I always went to check.... not sure what the downside is. Each route varies I'm talking small businesses. Places that should probably be an on demand pickup but aren't for some reason. I can see what you're saying though...no good deed goes unpunished. Cover your ass

Over 70

I'm supposedly covering an injured guys route for the next 2 months next week so I'll remember this advice because I will most certainly qualify under my supplement.

Number-Nine

Bleh. So me and another guy was sent home today after talking with the boss. We were both around 30 days of 40. She basically said they were going to send us back to the hub/ work sparingly and have us go back to diving once some days fall off.

Personally, I haven't scratched that much, I can probably count on one hand. But I have been under 30 clicks almost every day. Yesterday I got back at 6pm and was still 13 clicks over. I try my best everyday so this is kind of a bummer. Do they really care that much about scratching? I think I've shown that I can do the job and be safe doing so.

Bleh. So me and another guy was sent home today after talking with the boss. We were both around 30 days of 40. She basically said they were going to send us back to the hub/ work sparingly and have us go back to diving once some days fall off.

Personally, I haven't scratched that much, I can probably count on one hand. But I have been under 30 clicks almost every day. Yesterday I got back at 6pm and was still 13 clicks over. I try my best everyday so this is kind of a bummer. Do they really care that much about scratching? I think I've shown that I can do the job and be safe doing so.
It just depends in the route. I've seen guys qualify without scratching.

Faceplanted

Some pickups that don't have something everyday are cool and get what our jobs are like and offered to txt me yes or no for pickup.

Their idea, not my request but it's really appreciated! Especially since it always seems like the place out of the way.
Iv seen drivers fired for this exact thing. Go by every pick up every day. They pay for us to do that.

When I was a swinger and was covering routes with "phantom" pick ups, I wouldn't go by, but I would NOT close them out either. I would clock out and leave them pending in the diad

That's why they over "Smart pick-ups" it saves the customer money and UPS ALSO

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
They might still have them some places, but many moons ago, there were "flag" pickup accounts. a piece of paper that was green on one side and red on the other. Green means there is nothing shipping today and keep on driving. Red means you have to stop and pick something up. Yeah it was a way to make up some time, but your job was dependent on whoever controls the sign would not get something to ship and forget to flip the sign. Miss a pickup and you have some 'splaining to do to the center manager when you got back to the building.

BurntSienna

I'm in day 26 and I've run the route everyday in RDO without exception. They haven't said a word. I'll let you know how it goes in about a week.
How did you make out? I find that I make better time when I switch over to RDO. Haven't said anything to me either. Hope it doesn't become an issue that I'm not following the Orion trace

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Do you stop complete the PU while you are away from the stop.... I wouldn't do that, especially now days....