Question for P Man... or any one else that might know!!!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Could any of you tell me if the DIAD has a new feature that would set a default delivery time of 1300 if you prerecord a package during the 12:00 hour and then reenter the stop after 1300 to sheet it as closed? I have had several members lately written up for closed between 1200-1300 due to this. All have told me that they made 100% certain that they were after the 1301 time to make it outside the 1300 refund window. Just wondering if the company has set up a new way to try to keep drivers from going by a stop that is closed during lunch, prerecording it and stop completing it after lunch as closed at a different location.

Any help would be appreciated.

satellitedriver

When you scan the pkg it is time stamped.
I learned the hard way.
I got to a business at 12:59 and scanned the pkg then waited to 13:05 for them to get back from lunch.
I thought that the time stamp would be when I stop completed.
My sup told me that I was wrong.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
When you scan the pkg it is time stamped.
I learned the hard way.
I got to a business at 12:59 and scanned the pkg then waited to 13:05 for them to get back from lunch.
I thought that the time stamp would be when I stop completed.
My sup told me that I was wrong.

I did know it was from time scanned, but normally if you scan something and prerecord it the time stamp goes to the time of the stop completed. Or so I thought.

kingOFchester

I did know it was from time scanned, but normally if you scan something and prerecord it the time stamp goes to the time of the stop completed. Or so I thought.

I know if you prerecord a NDA at 10:25, then make another delivery, then stop complete the NDA after 10:30, it will show up as late. Tried that during my first few weeks as a peak driver in 2008.

old levi's

blank space
Could any of you tell me if the DIAD has a new feature that would set a default delivery time of 1300 if you prerecord a package during the 12:00 hour and then reenter the stop after 1300 to sheet it as closed? I have had several members lately written up for closed between 1200-1300 due to this. All have told me that they made 100% certain that they were after the 1301 time to make it outside the 1300 refund window. Just wondering if the company has set up a new way to try to keep drivers from going by a stop that is closed during lunch, prerecording it and stop completing it after lunch as closed at a different location.

If you plan to stop complete at another location why would you prerecord?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
When you sheet a package, it is time stamped. However, if you prerecord it, that removes the original time stamp and its "new" time is when it is brought back out of prerecord.

Try it with a NDA, sheet it at 10:25, then prerecord it. Bring it back out of prerecord at 10:31 and see if it comes up late, and I am 100% sure that it will

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

From what i heard once you prerecord the stop it uses the time it had when sheeted.

This is incorrect. When you prerecord a package it does receive a time stamp; however, when you take the package out of prerecord and complete the delivery it receives a new time stamp. This is one of the more common reasons for late air at a stop with more than one address. The driver sheets and prerecords the first stop on time but by the time he sheets and prerecords all of the stops for that address and completes the delivery the original time stamp has been replaced by the time that the stop was completed, making the air late even though the driver was clearly there on time.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have posted on this topic several times. This is one of several issues that could be eliminated as a possibility with a simple software upgrade. The DIAD could easily be kick the stop back when categorized as commercial. Other issues with similar qualities are recording lunch, exception packages to the clerk, to name a few. This company would rather treat symptoms than solve problems.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The one DIAD upgrade that I would like to see is in regard to COD's. With all of the technology in place, why are we still key entering the COD amount and form of payment? We can only accept checks, bank checks or money orders, which are considered to be checks for sheeting purposes. I would like to see an upgrade installed that would auto-fill the COD amount and do away with the method of payment. The only reason the driver should have to key enter any of this information is if the consignee is paying with more than one check or if the package was not processed using computer software; other than that, the COD amount should auto-fill and the method of payment should be eliminated.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If your cell phone can scan every roadside 'house for sale' sign for more info, and every cash register at every grocery store can read your check's routing number and bank account info, I would think they would be able to update this IF THEY WANTED TO. I, as I am quite jaded by now, believe there is a darker purpose to that. The ability to use 'dishonesty' against us. I mean come on, the Schwan's man can swipe your credit card with his scanner.

menotyou

bella amicizia

I have worked before PAS and after. Why prerecord anything?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
After reading about all of the problems with technology and discipline on the BC, I now go to every stop and scan in front of it. If it's known closed on Tuesday, I still record it in front. I'll chase back after 1 or get there before noon. I have no problem wasting time or miles. Protect yourself people, the system can no longer be gamed.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
In the old days we scanned a school clo for holiday any where on the rte ,as long as it was scanned ,,,now you have to drive to a closed school and scan it ?? Seems we got more worlk done the old way!! Glad I'm in Feeders, I would end up kiling some one in a tie !!

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
After reading about all of the problems with technology and discipline on the BC, I now go to every stop and scan in front of it. If it's known closed on Tuesday, I still record it in front. I'll chase back after 1 or get there before noon. I have no problem wasting time or miles. Protect yourself people, the system can no longer be gamed.
I couldn't agree with you more. The same goes with pick up accounts. Lots of folks call their out-of-the-way pickups each day to see if they have anything to ship. If they say no, then they complete the stop in their diads as if they were physically at that address. That makes it just too easy for UPS to dismiss them for dishonesty. No more "fudging" on NDA pkgs either. I now refuse to help management by recording a NDA pkg before I get to the address. If I am not physically in front of the address at 10:30, then it's gonna be late.