Question For Package Car Drivers

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
Since the coronavirus started, how do you feel about customers walking up to your truck to grab their package or watch you walk it to their door if it's heavy (while being in your space)? Every time I pull up to a house now and see people outside I cringe because I know they're going to walk up to me.

Personally, I'd rather they kept their door shut and wait until I'm gone before they get all giddy and tingly about their delivery. I'm no longer a spring chicken ya know.

What's your experience been with customers? Do the majority stay inside or come up to your truck? In my case, I would say the majority or them come up to my truck or open their door when I'm less than 6ft away.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

At that point you politely but firmly ask them to please stop and to please wait until you have put the package down and have begun to walk back to the PC before coming over to retrieve the package. If they persist simply set the package down and go on to the next stop.

swing_drv

When I see people outside they always try to tell me put it here or put it there. Like they don't wanna go near me. But I don't want wanna go near them either!

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Since the coronavirus started, how do you feel about customers walking up to your truck to grab their package or watch you walk it to their door if it's heavy (while being in your space)? Every time I pull up to a house now and see people outside I cringe because I know they're going to walk up to me.

Personally, I'd rather they kept their door shut and wait until I'm gone before they get all giddy and tingly about their delivery. I'm no longer a spring chicken ya know.

What's your experience been with customers? Do the majority stay inside or come up to your truck? In my case, I would say the majority or them come up to my truck or open their door when I'm less than 6ft away.

wear this during work
6F56FA61-C3EB-4C74-9BB5-19DB7211FBEC.gif

charm299

Everybody is welcome to walk to the truck and grab their packages, I encourage it. Just don’t be offended by the lyrics of the old school gangsta rap I got blaring on my Bluetooth speaker.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I don’t really care.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I'm not a pusillanimous so I don't care if they approach. We're halfway thru May now, I'm "high risk AF", haven't gotten sick or became a germaphobe, I think I'll be fine. When it's my time, it's my time. Not wasting my life away scared of every little thing.

Staydryitsraining

This virus isnt destroying even coming close to what was said. 98% survival rate, deaths are being counted if the person had it not killed from it. If it was so bad mass homeless would be dead or in hospitals. This is being used politically.

DeCurtis

I love it when my customers meet me at the car, and always thank them for saving me the steps. Most, thankfully, are not anxious covid-zombies and don't give a damn about social distancing. The ones that do just tell me to set the package down on the walkway or porch, which I love too, because they're probably weird and it saves me from having to interact with them.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
This virus isnt destroying even coming close to what was said. 98% survival rate, deaths are being counted if the person had it not killed from it. If it was so bad mass homeless would be dead or in hospitals. This is being used politically.

In my hot spot state, 50% of the dead were old people in nursing homes.

I mostly drop n run.

The old people homes are still cautious, but the general public are just moving on from this crisis.

Sure, I still mask up on business stops, and not letting customers touch my scanner.

Road traffic is starting to get busy as well

Whither

Scofflaw

If they're elderly or obviously not in good health I've done what I can to discourage close contact. A lot of times these people have just forgotten and as I approach loudly asking "Where can I set this so that we can keep our distance?" usually works well. But irregs they want inside the door and 'sig required' deliveries remain tricky.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
sig required' deliveries remain tricky.

Scan box. Place by front door/porch

Ring/knock, then put some distance from the door.

While waiting for someone to open the door, whip out the info notice on the ready.

Once you see the person, I say, "please verify your last name "

Sig screen gets "covid 19" but I enter their last name on the board.

Thanks, thumb up and off to the next stop

DonaruTarampu

Jesus. Good thing I quit in late Feb right before :censored2: hit the fan. This job is already demanding enough without everyone acting like bubble boys all of a sudden.