Question on Diad Input for a Multiple Business Stop

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There is only methods.. Not accepted methods per each building. I am willing to agree that some centers and some center teams breach the rules also. I'm not saying it does not happen. What I am saying is that all of us should follow the methods and not worry about what is unique for their facility, or what a past center mgr said. You can't get in trouble for following methods.
You are right the best way to find them is lost prevention managers a lot of center manager's don't even no the methods 100%. Lost prevention does and if not I was not properly trained. I have center managers say one thing and I ask what does lost prevention say can you give me a print out. 9 out of 10 they walk away.

Ahh yes like the mall route we have that the guy pushes one cart and pulls another. Only way to not go over 9.5 everyday. LP said nope one cart that stays with you at all times is how it has to be done.

I also point out that we were not supposed to pull dollies.

Brownslave688

If I go in a business. Leave a info notice on suite 201 door that I left package at 101, do I record as 2 stops or 1 if I also have a stop at 101?

why does the Diad give option of left at resi. And left at com?

why can you pre record say 5 stops and leave them at the office of a apt. Complex and get credit for 5 stops using left at res. for each one? I often wondered why it gives you that option. If I go to apt door and they re not home I put ni1 then go to office and record as a dup. Stop.

Why would u put NI1. Just prerecord then LR when at the office.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you are using DUP, whether res or com, on a single stop, you are not getting credit for that stop. DUP stop is for a stop that you have already been to that you couldn't find all of the packages for or you delivered only the air and went back to deliver the ground.

Sorry Dave, but you are wrong on 2 points here.

A) You can use LA without prerecording. Look at the bottom row of "softkeys" and I believe LA/Res is the bottom right.

B) Delivering Air/ground seperate is NOT a duplicate stop. The packages have different time sensitive requirements, and whenever that's the case you need not DUP. We have a driver who will deliver NDA's, NDS, and grounds for the same businesses at 3 different times. He doesn't DUP and management has even said that he's doing nothing wrong.

I mean, I know you THINK you're a Driver sup (know it all) , but you're wrong here

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Delivering NDA, NDS and Grounds at 3 separate times and taking a stop for each is text book padding stops. My customers would wonder what the hell I was doing if I ever did that.

You are talking about indirecting a single stop while we are talking about multiple business stops. I agree that you can use left at if you are indirecting a single stop to an alternate location that you are not delivering any packages to. If the stop that you are indirecting to also has a delivery you must prerecord both stops before using left at.

S

serenity now

If you are using DUP, whether res or com, on a single stop, you are not getting credit for that stop. DUP stop is for a stop that you have already been to that you couldn't find all of the packages for or you delivered only the air and went back to deliver the ground.

i disagree with both of those conditions, but it's simply not worth getting into a urination competition on a Sunday afternoon * also i have no need to get in the last word * i do however imagine a reply from Dave will be forthcoming

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Delivering NDA, NDS and Grounds at 3 separate times and taking a stop for each is text book padding stops.

Well, if SUP dave is right, then explain to me why this driver who recently had a 3 day OJS and ran his route this way, was never written up or warned by the on car for this textbook violation?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, if SUP dave is right, then explain to me why this driver who recently had a 3 day OJS and ran his route this way, was never written up or warned by the on car for this textbook violation?

Any on-car worth a lick is going to question why any driver is going back to the same stop 3 times a day.

Why was the driver getting the lock-in ride?

I know that's what the company wants they rather have less pieces then more stops. In that guys first case he should sheet each stop with DUP on the other two then sheet it three stops unless it has three separate stop or if the center manager says other wise with a steward present. I think the driver is doing it to his benefit.

Sorry Dave, but you are wrong on 2 points here. A) You can use LA without prerecording. Look at the bottom row of "softkeys" and I believe LA/Res is the bottom right.B) Delivering Air/ground seperate is NOT a duplicate stop. The packages have different time sensitive requirements, and whenever that's the case you need not DUP. We have a driver who will deliver NDA's, NDS, and grounds for the same businesses at 3 different times. He doesn't DUP and management has even said that he's doing nothing wrong. I mean, I know you THINK you're a Driver sup (know it all) , but you're wrong here
thank you. My fingers are getting tired.

Brownslave688

Any on-car worth a lick is going to question why any driver is going back to the same stop 3 times a day.

Why was the driver getting the lock-in ride?

Better question is why waste your time on a lock in ride. We have a sup that has locked in everyone in his group. It's in the contract that there are no production standards so why waste your time.

Delivering NDA, NDS and Grounds at 3 separate times and taking a stop for each is text book padding stops. My customers would wonder what the hell I was doing if I ever did that.You are talking about indirecting a single stop while we are talking about multiple business stops. I agree that you can use left at if you are indirecting a single stop to an alternate location that you are not delivering any packages to. If the stop that you are indirecting to also has a delivery you must prerecord both stops before using left at.
It's ok when you are dead heading your airs every day.

barnyard

KTM rider

I doubt that it happened 3 times. I frequently do not have time to deliver air and ground at the same time. I was told by every supe I have ever had that if I delivered any ground with air, to do it all; as soon as you do a ground piece with air, a subsequent stop would be dupe. If it is just air, going back is another stop.

To the OPs question.....

We had the same situation a while back.... We deliver to a couple of colleges, on-campus dorms are delivered to the dorm PO Box office and student employees deliver them with a student's mail. Past practice was to record each individual dorm room # and do 'LA res' for all of them. Could be anywhere from 10-15 'stops' at each dorm, even though all pieces were being delivered to a mailroom. We were told to sheet all as 1 stop, either sheet them all with no individual room # or prerecord and hit 'dupe' for each.

Same would work at a business. If there is a strip mall that gets all suites delivered to 1 point, it would be 1 stop. IF they are routinely delivered to each suite, but every now and then, a business is closed and you leave it at another suite, that would be multiple stops, do dupes.

Another example would be the current "Fingerhut." They have always received packages to the same address, but 4-7 different business names. They all go to the same dock, so it is 1 stop.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I have a building I go to all with the same address but suite a, b c d, etc. They are separate businesses and I get a separate signature at each location. My on-car trained me each one is a separate stop in this situation.

I have a business kind of like an MBE that takes packages to businesses and I was trained everything left there counts as one stop.

I was also trained when delivering ground on the same stop as an air stop to put it all in the same stop but if you drop off the air then come back later for the ground it is two separate stops.

Considering I've never had anything on paper given to me to the contrary to what my sup tells me I'll work as directed until I see something on paper to the contrary and would imagine others likely do the same.