Question Regarding An Error in Job Classification

I very seldom go on UPSers.com other then to compare my check with my logged hours, but i decided to take a look at my contract impact statement. I have worked as a preloader for 2.5 years in PA, and my job classification on UPSers is "PM Sorter"

I have never worked a day on local sort in my life, so why would this mistake have been made? I currently make 12.00 dollars an hour, and if its not an honest mistake then could be for some sort of wage reason? Like am i missing out on my 1.00 extra for being classified as local sort?

mikejonesjr

I very seldom go on UPSers.com other then to compare my check with my logged hours, but i decided to take a look at my contract impact statement. I have worked as a preloader for 2.5 years in PA, and my job classification on UPSers is "PM Sorter"

I have never worked a day on local sort in my life, so why would this mistake have been made? I currently make 12.00 dollars an hour, and if its not an honest mistake then could be for some sort of wage reason? Like am i missing out on my 1.00 extra for being classified as local sort?
Sort and preload get the same pay. So it doesn't make a difference

I was under the impression loaders got an extra dollar an hour due to it being considered a skilled position? At this point in my progression i have received two 50 cent raises.

Box Ox

Sort and preload get the same pay. So it doesn't make a difference

I’d still get it changed to the correct sort in case a sup (especially a new one) is looking at a classification list for vacation/sick/optional day or general staffing (a sup might pass over OP for AM exception air opportunities, etc) purposes.

Yeah I was under the impression at our building (very small, we process 20,000 packages a day), 11.00 was base pay before skilled. We only have local sort and preload, no twilight sorts or any of that other stuff? You can take a wild guess as to what center im referring to *cough my name cough*

Our building is so old, it feels like something out of the 50's, only two toilets, and never any paper towels.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yeah I was under the impression at our building (very small, we process 20,000 packages a day), 11.00 was base pay before skilled. We only have local sort and preload, no twilight sorts or any of that other stuff? You can take a wild guess as to what center im referring to *cough my name cough*

Our building is so old, it feels like something out of the 50's, only two toilets, and never any paper towels.
The important thing is that you are coded correctly on the timecard. If you are coded P60 you are getting the preload pay. If you're not, then you won't get it.