Question

UPSGUY72

I'm a full-time cover driver and so is this other driver. The other driver has more seniority. They bid on a route where the regular FT driver is gone on vacation for 4 weeks. The other driver won the bid for the entire time the regular driver is on vacation. One day there was a new preloader that loaded their car and it was blown out. I wasn't extra this day. That driver then comes to me and tells me I'm running that route and they are going home. What are the rules on all that? They bid on that route, so now that it's not an easy day you don't want it. All the shop Stewart says or showed me was: Seniority prevails at all times. So the time I'm on a route and I don't like it, I can just find someone with less seniority and make them run it?!

Do you want to drive or not? No you can't go find some with less seniority and tell them they are running the route. What happen was there were extra people that day and the other driver might have ask his SUP center manager for the day off and they gave it to him. HE just came to you and past on what his SUP or center manager told him. In other words he was given the day off and you where given the opportunity to work...

JawGAboi

Do you want to drive or not? No you can't go find some with less seniority and tell them they are running the route. What happen was there were extra people that day and the other driver might have ask his SUP center manager for the day off and they gave it to him. HE just came to you and past on what his SUP or center manager told him. In other words he was given the day off and you where given the opportunity to work...
I

Actually she jus came to me and said I'm running her route bc the load was awful. I was already working.

Coalminer2005

I'm a full-time cover driver and so is this other driver. The other driver has more seniority. They bid on a route where the regular FT driver is gone on vacation for 4 weeks. The other driver won the bid for the entire time the regular driver is on vacation. One day there was a new preloader that loaded their car and it was blown out. I wasn't extra this day. That driver then comes to me and tells me I'm running that route and they are going home. What are the rules on all that? They bid on that route, so now that it's not an easy day you don't want it. All the shop Stewart says or showed me was: Seniority prevails at all times. So the time I'm on a route and I don't like it, I can just find someone with less seniority and make them run it?!
Been there. Done that as a cover driver. You may have no choice but to suck it up and drive on.

UPSGUY72

I

Actually she jus came to me and said I'm running her route bc the load was awful. I was already working.

If you where already working than who did the route you where suppose to do ?? She might have asked to go home but she didn't make the decision for you to run the route the SUP or center manager did no matter what she told you.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Dont' worry upstate, 99% of us all feel the same way about you

No, most of you are sheep who use want to be like all the old timey cool kids and hate on Upstate because it's what the cool kids do. Don't be a sheep. I see you've been here 2 years now but you're still "new." I've also seen brand new people here waste their first post on making a jab at Upstate because it's "the cool thing to do."

I may sound like an Upstate-Fanboy but he's never done anything wrong to me to warrant any such remarks. None of us can be in 100% agreement all the time. What he has are opinions on things and opinions can't be wrong.

And as a sidebar but somewhat pertaining to this......I've been tempted to leave BC simply because of this childish behavior and not just that aimed towards Dave. It just gets old. Unless you have something creative or intuitive to add to the conversations then maybe you should keep your fingers off the keyboard.

*rant over

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
No, most of you are sheep who use want to be like all the old timey cool kids and hate on Upstate because it's what the cool kids do. Don't be a sheep. I see you've been here 2 years now but you're still "new." I've also seen brand new people here waste their first post on making a jab at Upstate because it's "the cool thing to do."

I may sound like an Upstate-Fanboy but he's never done anything wrong to me to warrant any such remarks. None of us can be in 100% agreement all the time. What he has are opinions on things and opinions can't be wrong.

And as a sidebar but somewhat pertaining to this......I've been tempted to leave BC simply because of this childish behavior and not just that aimed towards Dave. It just gets old. Unless you have something creative or intuitive to add to the conversations then maybe you should keep your fingers off the keyboard.

*rant over
image.jpg

BrownBrokeDown

*rant over
Lol, trust me. I don't "follow" or "want to be like anyone". Upstate's condescending bull:censored2: gets real old, real fast. Maybe his repetitive "kids" aimed at people that have children of their own was some of his least :censored2:y posts, but it is there. New, old, it don't matter :censored2:. If you don't like what i post, report it.

And yes, he has done plenty to warrant remarks about his condescending douchie attitude through the years.

Maybe I will post whether you like it or not. There is always the ignore feature.