Questions about back pay for former employee's

Nathanj7

Hello I was employed by UPS as a package handler for almost 3 years. Two years was spent in NM and I had to leave the company for about 4 weeks because I moved to TX and had to re apply and restart my seniority/lose my benefits, however I did about almost 7 months before I injured my back. (of course) I reported my injury and wasn't able to say the exact time and how the injury happened, (first mistake was being honest cause i woke up in pain after work and said that and thought it would get better) so they treated it as an off the job injury and said take the time off and keep them updated. (this was Jan 12th 2019) So i took the time off and had been sending doctors notes for about three weeks. I had doctors notes to up until February 15th, well the last doctors note didnt send completely or whatever happen to it idk, I guess, and it was for the week of the 15th. So the week of the 15th the mail man attempted to deliver mail but i literally was unable to get downstairs and it was one attempt BTW he left a note just said mail needed to be picked up but didnt say from who or what, (didnt think it was ups thinking i had been keeping them updated) i later got the note saying if i dont show up for work by February 18th that i would be terminated. My mom went to get the mail because she had certified mail as well that she had to get. Well i opened that letter on February 25th a day before the emergency surgery and, i guess i was already terminated, I Didnt know i was getting surgery until the day before as i was going doctor to doctor until i finally got a good one who said i needed it asap. So I ended up having back surgery for two herniated discs in Feb this year because I was unable to even walk to the bathroom, losing control of my bladder for about three weeks let alone stand up for more than 5 minutes, And thinking about that was the last of my concerns. ALL that said, am i still eligible to receive back pay because of the new contract was suppose to be effective in august 2018 and I worked until January 2019? or because I was terminated does that all go out the window? Sorry for being all over in the post i was just trying to give some context to the situation lol

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello I was employed by UPS as a package handler for almost 3 years. Two years was spent in NM and I had to leave the company for about 4 weeks because I moved to TX and had to re apply and restart my seniority/lose my benefits, however I did about almost 7 months before I injured my back. (of course) I reported my injury and wasn't able to say the exact time and how the injury happened, (first mistake was being honest cause i woke up in pain after work and said that and thought it would get better) so they treated it as an off the job injury and said take the time off and keep them updated. (this was Jan 12th 2019) So i took the time off and had been sending doctors notes for about three weeks. I had doctors notes to up until February 15th, well the last doctors note didnt send completely or whatever happen to it idk, I guess, and it was for the week of the 15th. So the week of the 15th the mail man attempted to deliver mail but i literally was unable to get downstairs and it was one attempt BTW he left a note just said mail needed to be picked up but didnt say from who or what, (didnt think it was ups thinking i had been keeping them updated) i later got the note saying if i dont show up for work by February 18th that i would be terminated. My mom went to get the mail because she had certified mail as well that she had to get. Well i opened that letter on February 25th a day before the emergency surgery and, i guess i was already terminated, I Didnt know i was getting surgery until the day before as i was going doctor to doctor until i finally got a good one who said i needed it asap. So I ended up having back surgery for two herniated discs in Feb this year because I was unable to even walk to the bathroom, losing control of my bladder for about three weeks let alone stand up for more than 5 minutes, And thinking about that was the last of my concerns. ALL that said, am i still eligible to receive back pay because of the new contract was suppose to be effective in august 2018 and I worked until January 2019? or because I was terminated does that all go out the window? Sorry for being all over in the post i was just trying to give some context to the situation lol

Uhh, yeah from what I can make of that nonsense
You’re not getting a retro check

trickpony1

I would think your retro check would be WAY down your list of priorities.

You may want to focus on getting a good attorney before too much time slips away.

Consultations are usually free.

Nathanj7

simple question is do you get retro check if you were fired or quit before they put made the contract effective since it was supposed to be Aug of 2018.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
get a lawyer

You was still working under the terms of the old contract

Just ask @Bestsorteralive

542thruNthru

So you care more about your retro check and not getting your job back?

SMH.