Questions about becoming a driver in Minneapolis

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Flyover country.

Basically just Canadians.
They built so many hotels in that city because the Canadians would drive down and shop every weekend. We had something like 16 hotels in the city with a 90% occupancy rate every weekend. Sometimes you would wonder if you accidentally crossed the border there were so many.

DriverNerd

I'm not sure about Minneapolis, but in Eagan we've had a lot of utility routes won recently by part timers with not much seniority.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I never realized how good I had it until I moved into a big center. I had one grievance filed on me in 3 years out there. If there was an issue we discussed it and found an amicable solution. I had drivers inviting me over for holidays and cookouts even when I was their sup.

But I will say this. I do NOT miss being responsible for preload and local sort. That fell under the ORS in those small buildings.

Our PDS is also an ORS.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hasn't derailed yet?...Not bad...Carry on...

train-crash-o_zpsrkjq8ex8.gif

Mustacheyouaquestion

60 minute lunch
I always assumed he worked out of one of the smaller centers scattered through out the state. A Morton building with a gravel lot where they lock the doors after the last package car has left and open up again for the twilight sort. One belt running through the middle of the building with package cars backed up on both sides and an unload door for their one 28' pup on the preload.

Sounds like my first hub... awh the memories I think we averaged 7 runs started at 7am. 5 O"clock was a 10 hr day.