Questions About Home Delivery and Ground.

vantexan

If I worked 12 hours a day I would be making much more than 52k and I'm midrange as well. Think about it, that's 4 hours ot a day. Something ground does not see.

​Highly unlikely in this environment you'll ever work 12 hours a day at Express except at Peak and maybe if UPS strikes. I'm a 4X10 and got 7:55 on the clock today. Soon at this rate they'll have to put us back on 5X8's or pay us alot of free minimum guarantee money. I wouldn't mind an almost entirely residential delivery rt even if it's long hours.

MAKAVELI

If I worked 12 hours a day I would be making much more than 52k and I'm midrange as well. Think about it, that's 4 hours ot a day. Something ground does not see.

​Highly unlikely in this environment you'll ever work 12 hours a day at Express except at Peak and maybe if UPS strikes. I'm a 4X10 and got 7:55 on the clock today. Soon at this rate they'll have to put us back on 5X8's or pay us alot of free minimum guarantee money. I would mind an almost entirely residential delivery rt even if it's long hours.
Not me, I get ot everyday. Maybe you should think about transferring.

vantexan

Not me, I get ot everyday. Maybe you should think about transferring.

Just got here. Lied to me to get me here, said it was a 5X8 shift, nothing in posting notes or offer letter about being a 4X10 cover driver. That was the point of getting me here, to eliminate OT. Told mgr a couple of weeks ago that as soon as I have a year in I am going. First week of the month might get 40.5-41 hrs. Rest of month it's 37-39.

hypo hanna

Just got here. Lied to me to get me here, said it was a 5X8 shift, nothing in posting notes or offer letter about being a 4X10 cover driver. That was the point of getting me here, to eliminate OT. Told mgr a couple of weeks ago that as soon as I have a year in I am going. First week of the month might get 40.5-41 hrs. Rest of month it's 37-39.
I have lost count the number of times I have heard this same story. Flat out lie to the applicant to get them in the door then. Stick them with a worse shift or route.

Last edited:

vantexan

I have lost count of the number of times I have heard this same story. Flat out lie to the application t to get them in the door the. Stick them with a worse shift or route.

Unfortunately I've experienced similar situations in the past. When I transfer now I just hope whatever happens won't be too bad. Truth is the rts I'm covering are child's play. And the scenery is beautiful. I'm only leaving because the town I live in has a number of good employers and landlords are charging out the wazoo to take advantage of the paychecks. The only affordable apartments I've seen would scare off crackheads. My rent plus fewer hours equals no savings.