Questions about the unions

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickpony1

I think posts like this is/are exactly what badsporh is talking about. It's okay for some select people to post in this manner but not others.
I recall receiving the BrownCafe scarlet letter once (I forget what it's called) for posting in a manner very much like a frequent management poster but, of course, nothing happened to him.
This website could be such a valuable tool for the working person to share information about how the company treats/screws the worker but yet we seem to dwell on critical issues such as:

Another poster mentioned that this website is turning into a "....Teamsternet". Maybe it should but then I seriously doubt the "wine and roses" crowd that seem to control this site would stray far from the critical issues mentioned above and dare not enter the real, harsh world of life at "our" company.

Last edited by a moderator:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Trickpony,
I remember your infraction, I gave it to you. Remember??? you were fighting with tieguy and I repeatedly asked both of you to cool down and you wouldn't. You used your wine and roses reference then too... If you check the archives Tie and I have tangled many times in the past when he's crossed the line and violated the TOS. I like Tieguy but I don't like the flame wars he stirs up.

Badsporh,
We have 6 moderators here, 3 pkg car drivers, 1 partimer and 2 retired mgt. If you have a problem with the way the forum is moderated the buck stops with me. I will not tolerate you calling them names and accusing them of anything other than doing their best to keep our community clean.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Interesting how the gestapo moderators came in and deleted or edited any and all critical comments that I made of this tool, but were much more forgiving of his like statements. I can see now that this board is moderated (ruled) by "friends" of the company and truely is NOT an open and fair forum.

Not quite true but you're entitled to your opinion. We treat all insults, bad language and violations of the terms of service equally. It is also difficult to read every post in every thread and try to and stay on top of it.

We also have a system to report offensive posts and that helps us zero in on a problem that we might have missed...So, if someone is out of line report it and we'll deal with it.

Tony

trickpony1

Cheryl-
If you will read my post (number 41) you will see that "tonyexpress" edited out two valid thread titles from the past and an excerpt from a frequent management posters treatise on the alleged activities of Western Pennsylvania people. The reason?......"a vulgar post"
This further supports my claim that only the beautiful (or those adjudged to be "beautiful" by the BC staff) and the "wine and roses" clique are permitted here. Anyone who uses this website to express dissident (notice I didn't say sexual or perverse) opinions is quickly edited and/or banished.
When I started posting on this site I was a frequent reader (not poster) of TeamsterNet. When T-Net went off line I lost interest but still remember T-Net as being a little more reality based.
I understand the fact that you probably don't want attorneys "advertsing" on your site but this doesn't negate the fact that, apparently, there are things going on within "our" company that require the use of attorneys to resolve despite the "....people are the company's greatest asset" and further endearing passages that suggest everything is rosey.
You can kill the messenger but guess what?........the message is still there.
Try to have a happy holiday (notice I didn't say Christmas because I sure don't want to offend a moderator).

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Cheryl-
I notice you don't have any feeder drivers as moderators.
gosh.....I wonder why.
Do you remember trucker1946? If my memory serves he was a feeder driver but I know for a fact that he was a volunteer moderator here. I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong about his job title but I do know that he resigned as a moderator because of his frustration that our moderation policies were not strict enough about all of the vulgar and offensive material posted here. He wasn't upset that we were biased, it was because we hadn't yet gotten control of the offensive posts, some of which are yours.

tieguy

Banned
Do you remember trucker1946? If my memory serves he was a feeder driver but I know for a fact that he was a volunteer moderator here. I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong about his job title but I do know that he resigned as a moderator because of his frustration that our moderation policies were not strict enough about all of the vulgar and offensive material posted here. He wasn't upset that we were biased, it was because we hadn't yet gotten control of the offensive posts, some of which are yours.

Cheryl I believe you try to pander to the hate whiners here too much. You should encourage him to crawl back in whatever hole he came out of instead of defending yourself against his delusions.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Cheryl-
If you will read my post (number 41) you will see that "tonyexpress" edited out two valid thread titles from the past and an excerpt from a frequent management posters treatise on the alleged activities of Western Pennsylvania people. The reason?......"a vulgar post"

That's right it was a vulgar post and should be deleted as it is not acceptable and not tolerated by any member management or hourly.

This further supports my claim that only the beautiful (or those adjudged to be "beautiful" by the BC staff) and the "wine and roses" clique are permitted here.

You lost me here...So I delete a vulgar post and I'm suddenly in some kind of clique cult?? If you had posted the same thing I would have deleted it??

Anyone who uses this website to express dissident (notice I didn't say sexual or perverse) opinions is quickly edited and/or banished.

They're reprimanded as they should be. How about you and me go out to dinner....You bring the roses and I'll bring the wine..:wink2:

Try to have a happy holiday (notice I didn't say Christmas because I sure don't want to offend a moderator).

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO AND HAPPY HANUKKA TOO!!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
It's the Christmas season so perhaps some of you won't totally completely destroy me for referencing the judgement of Solomon as a metaphorical expression for a decision which destroys the subject matter of a dispute rather than allowing either disputing party to share in it.

Two prostitutes approach Solomon, bringing with them a single baby boy. Each mother presents the same story - she and the other woman live together. One night, soon after the birth of their respective children, the other woman woke to find that she had smothered her own baby in her sleep. In anguish and jealousy, she took her dead son and exchanged it with the other's child. The following morning, the woman discovered the dead baby, and soon realised that it was not her own son, but the other woman's.

After some deliberation, King Solomon calls for a sword to be brought before him. He declares that there is only one fair solution: the live son must be split in two, each woman receiving half of the child. Upon hearing this terrible verdict, the boy's true mother cries out, "Please, My Lord, give her the live child - do not kill him!" However, the liar, in her bitter jealousy, exclaims, "It shall be neither mine nor yours - divide it!" Solomon instantly gives the baby to the real mother, realising that the true mother's instincts were to protect her child, while the liar revealed that her only motivation was jealousy.

Ironically, of course, in the story Solomon by his wisdom avoids the destruction of the subject matter of the dispute (the baby); but this was not sufficient to save his name from being annexed to the metaphor in the English lexicon due to his pronouncement that the baby should be destroyed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgement_of_Solomon

tieguy

Banned
Cheryl-
I notice you don't have any feeder drivers as moderators.
gosh.....I wonder why.

as all of you can see trickpony has no scruples or morals and even attacks the folks who created this site and who work hard to keep this site up for our use.

Now I know none of you the silent majority here would ever speak up if he was wrong when attacking a management poster because you folks have your pact of honor.

However in this case trick has now taken his actions to a new level of disgusting behavior and attacked the site admins here.

this is your time to speak up. If you believe in and appreciate cheryls hard work then you need to speak up for the brown cafe. If not then you folks have no honor.

trickpony1

Cheryl I believe you try to pander to the hate whiners here too much. You should encourage him to crawl back in whatever hole he came out of instead of defending yourself against his delusions.

Yup....once again you are so right, in fact, you are never wrong.
Cheryl, the moderators, this site and the members should pander to, relish and savor your conceit, self-adulation, egocentric displays and self gratifying dissertations.

Status
Not open for further replies.