Queston about sup doing hourly work

menotyou

bella amicizia
I just learned not to give a smile* about what they try to do. If I watch my P' and Q's, they can't hurt me. I will win.

Billy Boxtosser

Frankly, I'd have to load 600pph inorder to keep up with the flow for the two trucks I load on reload that get hit at the same time. No matter how many grievances are filed on my sup he still helps me which I like. We are understaffed and UPS doesn't want to hire at all. They push one person to do the job of two. Then management crys about wrap up time and misloads. Overworked underpaid. You can say all you want that people are lazy. If we were lazy we would not work there and get a job at walmart. Even a good worker gets ran down. Lets be honest the pay for pt sucks! If you work a day job your energy is drained by the time you clock in at UPS.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!

Ok, heres the deal sups currently working rampant in our building and we are writing grievances like there is no tomorrow! We were told same BS story excessive call-ins blah-blah, its not our fault your people wont come to work, we called the hall so sups can work! Same problem in our building short on pre-load no one from metro shift wants to sign up on the list we already posted. I did one better got a bunch of drivers together we all signed a grievance saying we were an available resource and to be called in seniority order. The company told us to basically go stick it! Big surprise. Plan on taking this to National Arbitration doesnt look like Ups wants to budge. Meanwhile the grievances are piling up, I urge you all to do the same if we win and we should(you either pay dues or you dont) should stop sups from working..

jalnar

Why did you go into management? The reason is being hourly was too tough for you and you need an easier job. I am getting up there in my year and i guarantee you I can work circles around you. In 10 years if you are still their you will still be a unpromoted management personel thinking you are good when in reality life has pasted you by

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why did you go into management? The reason is being hourly was too tough for you and you need an easier job. I am getting up there in my year and i guarantee you I can work circles around you. In 10 years if you are still their you will still be a unpromoted management personel thinking you are good when in reality life has pasted you by

Your point would have been more effective had you bothered to proofread.

Work smarter, not harder. If the employee in question has the qualifications to go in to management then why spend 30 years busting your ass?

Dark_Team_135

I did one better got a bunch of drivers together we all signed a grievance saying we were an available resource and to be called in seniority order. The company told us to basically go stick it! Big surprise. Plan on taking this to National Arbitration doesn't look like Ups wants to budge. Meanwhile the grievances are piling up, I urge you all to do the same if we win and we should(you either pay dues or you dont) should stop sups from working..

You will win this grievance. We have had to use delivery drivers many times in the past to cover bargaining unit work during the hub and preload sorts. The contract requires the company to exhaust all reasonable resources to cover staffing shortages with bargaining unit employees.

I am currently telling the company they need to pull EVERY bargaining unit employee that is on the clock in the building to work (mechanics, maintenance, shifters, washers etc) before supervisors touch boxes. Seems reasonable to me until they hire enough people to staff the sorts.

whiskey

Fifteen minutes after the last package car leaves the barn in the morning, all of our on car soups change into browns and head out in their own package cars doing their own routes. The only one left in the building is the center manager. Welcome to the new UPS.

dillweed

Sup worked over two hours. I grieved for four hours pay, as agreed in contract.
Got paid for only two hours because I didn't take the day off and travel to panel to represent myself.
If I raise a stink I'll probably lose any union protection.
Welcome to the new UPS.

"Sup worked over two hours. I grieved for four hours pay, as agreed in contract.
Got paid for only two hours because I didn't take the day off and travel to panel to represent myself.
If I raise a stink I'll probably lose any union protection.
Welcome to the new UPS."

Dillweed your protection is the contract! Build yourself a foundation by becoming familiar with your supplement and the master agreement and be sure to ask questions to your steward or BA of what you dont understand. Knowledge is power in many of our fights the harder you work to become educated with your contract the more protection you will provide yourself moving foward. Success is contagious, if your leadership is giving you weak representation start with this and soon other members will ask be asking you for help or protection...

dillweed

Hi watchdog and thanks. I think I'm familiar enough with the contract/supplement to know I don't have to go to panel to represent myself over a pay claim. The notification lette also states I don't have to be present.

Problem is, the relationship between union and management seems to be stronger than it should. The wheeling and dealing happen. If I pursue this issue too much the union will certainly turn its back on me if and when something serious happens. And serious things can happen without my participation, trust me.

As much as it hurts to lie down and take this crap I may have to do it. The medical and other benefits of this job far outweigh the amount of $ I would make from the grievance. Wrong doings? Heck yes. Is BA working for the company instead of us hourlies? I believe so.

steward71

Hi watchdog and thanks. I think I'm familiar enough with the contract/supplement to know I don't have to go to panel to represent myself over a pay claim. The notification lette also states I don't have to be present.

Problem is, the relationship between union and management seems to be stronger than it should. The wheeling and dealing happen. If I pursue this issue too much the union will certainly turn its back on me if and when something serious happens. And serious things can happen without my participation, trust me.

As much as it hurts to lie down and take this crap I may have to do it. The medical and other benefits of this job far outweigh the amount of $ I would make from the grievance. Wrong doings? Heck yes. Is BA working for the company instead of us hourlies? I believe so.

you hit mark saying management and union have a strong ties. anyone can see this. it will not stop at all at this piont. it gets easy everyday to come to the hud and just do my job and say OK. our BA finds a reason for not coming into the building and letting management call his cell phone off the hook and telling him this is the way it is going to be done and he just sets there with his finger up his A**. he told me a few months ago they just call me all the time and they tell me what they are going to be doing. he will not file on it and his reasoning is he is waiting for someone to it. hello, A** finger they called your phone telling you they are going to do this. sometimes i would rather pass a football out of butt then to listen to a grown man cry on what he is not going to do. this is the very reason why i'm no longer a steward anymore. people file the grievances but he just using them to wip his butt with. since im not a steward anymore how do i go about getting a new screen name. sorry to be so crappy.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I'm sorry that our union has gotten so worthless, Steward. It is actually disheartening. I feel your pain. I just wish there was something that could be done. The election is rigged , in my opinion. Hoffa is a sissy. My grandfather is rolling in his grave, I swear!! I would love to have a one on one with ol' Hoffa. He would be crying.

steward71

I'm sorry that our union has gotten so worthless, Steward. It is actually disheartening. I feel your pain. I just wish there was something that could be done. The election is rigged , in my opinion. Hoffa is a sissy. My grandfather is rolling in his grave, I swear!! I would love to have a one on one with ol' Hoffa. He would be crying.

don't get to near him his finger has been up his butt. he may smell. LOL