Quick question

Ricochet1a

The question I have, is whether Performance Reminders can be GFT-ed (I don't think they can)

Part of the push of discipline, has ops managers handing out Performance Reminders on an increasing tempo. These fit between full Warning Letters and OLCCs within the disciplinary structure of Express.

Performance Reminders DO subject an employee to potential termination if they don't correct the issue for which the reminder is issued. In this manner, they act very much like a Warning Letter. They are also a "negative" consideration for JCATS consideration for job change.

winglas

Thanks for the quick answer lol. Next question...I know they SAY olcc's dont have any affect on consideration in JCATS, but is really true? I realize they stay with you for the duration of your employment (what doesnt), but seems like if they stay with you, then they would be considered as well just like a letter or performance reminder.

vantexan

Thanks for the quick answer lol. Next question...I know they SAY olcc's dont have any affect on consideration in JCATS, but is really true? I realize they stay with you for the duration of your employment (what doesnt), but seems like if they stay with you, then they would be considered as well just like a letter or performance reminder.

You can actually transfer now with a warning letter on your record. JCATS is a points system and isn't affected by OLCC's.

winglas

Ive heard that, but Ive also heard that hiring managers can request any letters and all olcc's in an employees file. Ive also been told that if a person does have a letter in their file, it is up to the hiring managers discression on whether or not to send them an offer letter or go to the next person on the seniority list of bidders. Dont know if this is true since I havent tried to move (yet), but if this is the case, I was wondering if it works the same with olcc's.

Ricochet1a

OLCCs had and have no bearing on JCATS applications. They merely serve as documentation of lapses in performance (for the non-complementary variety) which CAN have a bearing on receiving either Performance Reminders of Warning Letter at a future date for similar "transgressions". Some stations have managers that hand out OLCCs like they are party favors - all to intimidate employees to perform or face increased levels of discipline.

vantexan

Ive heard that, but Ive also heard that hiring managers can request any letters and all olcc's in an employees file. Ive also been told that if a person does have a letter in their file, it is up to the hiring managers discression on whether or not to send them an offer letter or go to the next person on the seniority list of bidders. Dont know if this is true since I havent tried to move (yet), but if this is the case, I was wondering if it works the same with olcc's.

Only worry about warning letters. You can apply with one but if you win the senior has the option of reviewing the reason why and may decide to reject you. Nothing else applies and most likely a warning letter won't be an issue, especially if you're an experienced courier, and the other applicants aren't couriers and need to be trained.

northeast swing driver

You can actually transfer now with a warning letter on your record. JCATS is a points system and isn't affected by OLCC's.

Thats a big scam. In essence you really can't transfer with a letter on file.

When you have a letter on file all managers have been directed to call the station of the job you are bidding on and to tell the manager not to take you since you have a letter on file.