Diesel below 5.50 OLCC

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That's a fireable offense, now.
We had a meeting about this once. The truth was that it was mainly a scare tactic to keep people from driving out of their way to find their favorite chain of stations. It was also something we could keep in our back pockets to terminate someone if we needed to. I never heard of anyone getting axed because of it.

One guy kept doing it anyway, which wasn't hard to figure out because your reward number was printed on the bottom of the receipt and he always cut that part off. Like I cared about that!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You present an ideal situation and then defend it as if it were the ONLY scenario.

10 extra minutes @ $30/hour is $5 more in labor that cheaper fill up cost the company. Cheaper fuel attracts more motorists, slowing down the process of refueling, potentially turning that 10 minutes into 20.

You sound like another ignorant manager.

I once did the math……….In OT, I make over $.78 per minute. If I’m driving an Isuzu reach that needs 20 gallons of fuel and I pay $.20 more than another station, that costs the company an extra $4. If it takes more than 5 minutes going out of the way to save this $.20 per gallon, then it costs the company more than $4 paying me for my time.

Stepping over dimes to save pennies.

I remember back in the good old days how you all acted like spending 20 minutes shooting the breeze and running personal errands while on the clock was no big deal. Now you act like is just fiscal insanity if the occasional fill-up has a labor cost that offsets the fuel savings. :rofl:

FedupExpress

A good way to get rid of diesel will be to make it so expensive you won't be able to buy it.

That's what these kooks want anyway
Electric fried planet, that's why they burned down Maui.

I don't think there's a future for box donkeys anyway, it will be a dying trade.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
A good way to get rid of diesel will be to make it so expensive you won't be able to buy it.

That's what these kooks want anyway
Electric fried planet, that's why they burned down Maui.

I don't think there's a future for box donkeys anyway, it will be a dying trade.
They burned it down because it’s one of the last privately owned beaches on Maui, and the generational owners refused to sell.

morgan

I asked my manager today if he wants me to Let the truck run out of fuel.

it is becoming increasingly harder to find cheap diesel... Is this at same policy at other stations?

Plenty of couriers are receiving olccs and many have just stopped fueling entirely to avoid more write ups.
aren't you all going to be ground employees next june? fuel up at the most expensive place you can! it's just coming out of Raj's pocket.