Diesel below 5.50 OLCC

FedupExpress

I asked my manager today if he wants me to Let the truck run out of fuel.

it is becoming increasingly harder to find cheap diesel... Is this at same policy at other stations?

Plenty of couriers are receiving olccs and many have just stopped fueling entirely to avoid more write ups.

El Morado Diablo

Haven't heard of anyone getting an olcc for where they decided to fuel their vehicles.
We have been told they want us to fuel up at two specific stations and management said that "it's more than a recommendation" when someone asked if they were required to fuel up at those stations.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I do believe I would ignore the 'recommendation' until it advanced to a Warning Letter, at which time I would immediately GFT.
Don't think that conclusion would be supported in Policy.

Nolimitz

I do believe I would ignore the 'recommendation' until it advanced to a Warning Letter, at which time I would immediately GFT.
Don't think that conclusion would be supported in Policy.
If the fuel stations are close in and priced reasonably why make a stink about it? fuel up in the Am or pm. If I were a business owner buying overpriced fuel just to make life easy, I'd fire your :censored2: for not working as directed. getting fuel on road is maybe 10 minutes out of your day.

FedupExpress

If the fuel stations are close in and priced reasonably why make a stink about it? fuel up in the Am or pm. If I were a business owner buying overpriced fuel just to make life easy, I'd fire your :censored2: for not working as directed. getting fuel on road is maybe 10 minutes out of your day.
I don't know where you guys are but good luck trying to find cheap diesel in California.

You might need to drive 1 hour.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
did you read this or just spouting off

If the fuel stations are close in and priced reasonably why make a stink about it?
You present an ideal situation and then defend it as if it were the ONLY scenario.

10 extra minutes @ $30/hour is $5 more in labor that cheaper fill up cost the company. Cheaper fuel attracts more motorists, slowing down the process of refueling, potentially turning that 10 minutes into 20.

You sound like another ignorant manager.

Myort

I once did the math……….In OT, I make over $.78 per minute. If I’m driving an Isuzu reach that needs 20 gallons of fuel and I pay $.20 more than another station, that costs the company an extra $4. If it takes more than 5 minutes going out of the way to save this $.20 per gallon, then it costs the company more than $4 paying me for my time.

Stepping over dimes to save pennies.

!Retired!

When I was still working, we were told which gas station(s) we were supposed to use. Whether it was the cheapest or not was irrelevant. The good part was, I accumulated a boatload of points I used to get gas cheaper for my car.

Nolimitz

When I was still working, we were told which gas station(s) we were supposed to use. Whether it was the cheapest or not was irrelevant. The good part was, I accumulated a boatload of points I used to get gas cheaper for my car.
I did the same for years. Along with many others. It also cut the cost to Fedex by a few cents a gallon.

dezguy

Points/discounts are the property of FedEx, and if misdirected, are considered theft of FedEx property. This came out over 6 years ago.
This has always been policy in Canada. Had someone at my sta get a nice suspension for collecting points. Tried to claim they didn't know it wasn't allowed but our cards even have "no points" printed on the card. They really didn't have a leg to stand on.

That being said, the person suspended for collecting points is still doing it. They found a back door to claim the points after the fact.