Quickest Way To Driving

rocket man

WE had a lot of good infomation for this person. But we told him to grab the best pkg car best route. and we told him it would be at least a week befor he starts driving. SHAME SHAME WE forgot to tell im to order his uniforms. sorry bud you may have to wait an extra day or so befor you drive SO you get to a center manager.order those uniforms now.......WHAT Ever you do ( DONT FROWN.) IF They say it will be a while you will look OLD and instead of ordering uniforms they might put in your retirement papers.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Here is one for you: my first day as a FT driver, supervisor trained me (right off the bat, 10:26 am) how to prerecord a NDA to prevent late air.

Vast majority of my on-car training was the sup saying "uh, don't watch me do this" or "never let me see you do this"

Sticks in my mind, Sup making me drive wrong way on one way street, because "house is right close" as in 1/2 mile.

I have decided INTEGRAD is simply a PR tool, nothing more.

Re-Raise

Maybe instead of hiring from the part-time ranks based on seniority and a proven track record as a reliable employee, we should just hire the person who walks in with the biggest ego.

The guy can't spell work and he is sure he can do our job. We have college grads who have been waiting 10 plus years by working second jobs.

It may be different in other parts of the country, but where I am from I would tell any new part-timer it isn't going to happen.

quest01

I had an interview today for a package handler position and according to the HR lady it takes 11-14 years to be a full time associate which includes package delivery drivers. However that time would depend on the location of the UPS center but where I applied its 11-14 years. I want to be a package driver too but its obviously going to be a while, thats if I'm even hired as a package handler first. I just want to get hired first before I think about anything else.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I had an interview today for a package handler position and according to the HR lady it takes 11-14 years to be a full time associate which includes package delivery drivers. However that time would depend on the location of the UPS center but where I applied its 11-14 years. I want to be a package driver too but its obviously going to be a while, thats if I'm even hired as a package handler first. I just want to get hired first before I think about anything else.

Definitely a good first step.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You can have my job in 10 years.:happy2:

From reading everybodys post I can sense the animosity that alot of you have about doing this job!!!alot of you *************come on here and whine like you're 15..plain and simple if you cant do it then quit...as for me I have completed 2 weeks at ups already...im looking forward to making seniority...im also looking forward to driving air pt and in the near future im gonna be a full time driver...this isnt that hard...but if you come on here everyday and complain like ********** then u deserve to get ******* like one

Last edited by a moderator:

things2auction

From reading everybodys post I can sense the animosity that alot of you have about doing this job!!!alot of you mother****ers come on here and whine like you're 15..plain and simple if you cant do it then quit...as for me I have completed 2 weeks at ups already...im looking forward to making seniority...im also looking forward to driving air pt and in the near future im gonna be a full time driver...this isnt that hard...but if you come on here everyday and complain like bitches then u deserve to get ****ed like one

Its not that they cant do it, they just like to share their misery and difficulties with the job, hence a UPS forum to vent. You will probably be just as spiteful in 10 years if you become a driver and have dealt with more aspects of the job.

Quit acting like u know everything, stop being a little bitch, and have fun getting railed in a few years.

over9five

Staff member
From reading everybodys post I can sense the animosity that alot of you have about doing this job!!!alot of you *************come on here and whine like you're 15..plain and simple if you cant do it then quit...as for me I have completed 2 weeks at ups already...im looking forward to making seniority...im also looking forward to driving air pt and in the near future im gonna be a full time driver...this isnt that hard...but if you come on here everyday and complain like ********** then u deserve to get ******* like one

They're so cute when they're new!

christian c

I think its great that we whine on here. I come to this board with my problems from work, and I get very valuable advice from old timers. My rights as an employee arent posted at work, so I come here and whine and others tell me what their experience has been.

Re-Raise

You know, one time I would like to hear a new hire say

" I want to learn the job I was hired for and try to be the best preloader I can be. And if other opportunities are available down the road I will try to do them to the best of my ability as well."

You don't even have part-time seniority yet !!!!

Some of the people who manage to find this site and post how quickly they are going to fly up the UPS ladder should probably try to focus a little more on the job they have now.

If you want to know how long it takes to drive ,
ask the PEOPLE WORKING WITH YOU. They probably know better than we do.

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
They're so cute when they're new!

Ya but then they get old!!!!!!!

Stick around for a year, or better yet................stick around for 30 years like some of these guys have. They have earned the right to BITCH!