Quit already

nkm

Optimistically pessimistic
Wait until the next long rant about where his last paycheck is and why he has not got it yet. Never understood going to work just to walk out, it means you were already going to quit. Why get up at 3 am, wtf is the point if your quitting
I don't know man, I'm not understanding why no one is refuting the multitude of claims and observations I've made over a simple week at my hub; it's kind of embarrassing that everyone wants to talk :censored2: but doesn't want to talk about anything real that actually negatively affects them in their work environment. Keep filing your grievances and have nothing happen my man, or just stick it out for the full 25 or 30 miserable years over there so you can retire.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I don't know man, I'm not understanding why no one is refuting the multitude of claims and observations I've made over a simple week at my hub; it's kind of embarrassing that everyone wants to talk * but doesn't want to talk about anything real that actually negatively affects them in their work environment. Keep filing your grievances and have nothing happen my man, or just stick it out for the full 25 or 30 miserable years over there so you can retire.
I don't know if you were unloading two semi trucks, which have had only one person unloading for the past year because of covid or loading two package cars, when most people load 3 or 4

nkm

Nope. Because of not enough trucks lol
I'm not sure how you guys are short on trucks in that area, but over here the volume is so large on a daily basis still (because of :censored2:s still being afraid of going out in public and therefore ordering toothbrushes and napkins online) that the hub started sending out feeders to handle returns to some businesses and e-com facilities.

nkm

I don't know if you were unloading two semi trucks, which have had only one person unloading for the past year because of covid or loading two package cars, when most people load 3 or 4
They had me (and some others, but not all) sorting for two semis at the same time that both had two people unloading, by myself for the entire shift. Why management wanted two people unloading each of the two trucks and sending all that work down to one person without balancing the number of employees between the primary and the sort, I have no idea. When I asked the preload sort manager to send me over to unload he literally said, "we have too many people over there already and we're short-staffed over here".

Jkloc420

I don't know man, I'm not understanding why no one is refuting the multitude of claims and observations I've made over a simple week at my hub; it's kind of embarrassing that everyone wants to talk * but doesn't want to talk about anything real that actually negatively affects them in their work environment. Keep filing your grievances and have nothing happen my man, or just stick it out for the full 25 or 30 miserable years over there so you can retire.
I have been at ups for 20 years, there has been good and bad days, I have done every job in the building, job never as bothered me, I do my job, go home and that's it

nkm

I'm not sure how you guys are short on trucks in that area, but over here the volume is so large on a daily basis still (because of *s still being afraid of going out in public and therefore ordering toothbrushes and napkins online) that the hub started sending out feeders to handle returns to some businesses and e-com facilities.
Okay, how is l-i-b-t-a-r-d in the restricted words list but dickbag isn't? We got some libs modding the forums? ):

Jkloc420

They had me (and some others, but not all) sorting for two semis at the same time that both had two people unloading, by myself for the entire shift. Why management wanted two people unloading each of the two trucks and sending all that work down to one person without balancing the number of employees between the primary and the sort, I have no idea. When I asked the preload sort manager to send me over to unload he literally said, "we have too many people over there already and we're short-staffed over here".
So they had two people in a semi and one shorter

nkm

I have been at ups for 20 years, there has been good and bad days, I have done every job in the building, job never as bothered me, I do my job, go home and that's it
I'm glad for you, you have solid employment and that's going to all pay of when you retire.

nkm

So they had two people in a semi and one shorter
Yes, but sending the load from both semis down to a single sorter at the same time by having a sorter cover two sections of the belt. I'm telling you, it's short staffed there for real.

nkm

Actually it will, pension, 401k and social security, I'll be in pretty good shape money wise
Of course, I hope you also decided to open an IRA/Roth some time ago to send the proceeds down to your kids/grandkids in the future while you'd still have plenty to take care of yourself with.

Jkloc420

Of course, I hope you also decided to open an IRA/Roth some time ago to send the proceeds down to your kids/grandkids in the future while you'd still have plenty to take care of yourself with.
Even better I have no kids, wooooo

nkm

UPS isn't for everyone. You probably did the right thing by leaving. I will warn you though that good jobs that you really enjoy are usually a pipe dream. I'm an old fart and know VERY FEW people who actually enjoyed every aspect of their job. Either the work was boring, too hard, bad bosses, low pay, not enough vacation, or a million other excuses. The bottom line is don't expect what ever job you end up at to be all peaches and cream. I even knew a guy whos job it was was to chauffeur good looking strippers around and he even complained about having to work nights. After I retired from UPS at the age of 53 with a good pension and health benefits I ran into several EX-UPS employees who had quit and told me they wished they had stuck it out- they would have been retired by then. Your generation is fast becoming known as quitters ---at everything. Sad
I agree with you on the majority of what you said, you are definitely not wrong. And you are correct, it is sad to see how work ethic has generally degraded over the years (and now you have millions of people making more money on unemployment + thousands in tax credits vs. actually having a job; I am not one of them because I've never filed for unemployment, never had to and I probably wouldn't even if I had the chance). But still, this thread has progressed quite a bit from this morning and you can see your fellow coworkers still not being able to even try to disagree with me on most of what I said. There's seniors in UPS with 20+ years in but I think you'll see a drop in the number of long-times in the years to come mainly due to most of what I've already talked about here. Whoever got in 20 years ago at a better time (and under better contracts) are very lucky to have decided to stick it out, and props to all of you who have done that who aren't actual dicks.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm not sure how you guys are short on trucks in that area, but over here the volume is so large on a daily basis still (because of *s still being afraid of going out in public and therefore ordering toothbrushes and napkins online) that the hub started sending out feeders to handle returns to some businesses and e-com facilities.
Only been doing this for about 50 years
But thanks for your insight