Quit Yesterday

Whereistheunion

Walked into the center in the morning with 240 stops on my rural route. There will obviously be missed after 12 hours of delivering along with everyone else in the center. Problem started when we were all told that nothing could be left in the center. Every package including those that won't be delivered need to go with us on the truck. I will skip the rest here, but there was a lot of yelling going back and forth between drivers, supervisors and the center manager. Eventually they settled with fitting as many packages as possible and they will come around and make sure there's no room to fit in more.

So how bad was it? I pulled my first 10 stops out and left the center with them in the cab because I couldn't walk into the back. I brought 2 air containers with me to hold small packages in the cab. I continued like that for 38 stops. In that time I couldn't open the sliding door 4 times due to boxes piling up against it. I had to go to the back, pull boxes onto the road and then climb on my stomach to clear boxes from the sliding door several times. I finally had enough when I twisted my ankle trying to get over a box.

This company sets you up to fail. They'd rather have numbers that show everyone left the center early and that they kept the center clean of packages... even though it will lower everyone's stops per hour to the ground from not being able to grab and sort the back of the truck.

After 47 stops I decided I had enough. Called in a vehicle breakdown to waste time and got towed back an hour later. Center manager says they got a van ready for me to deliver in, so start moving the packages from the truck, which the mechanic will look at later. Told him I'm taking a lunch break right then, he goes ballistic. I sit there and eat while he yells threats. Of course I don't care because I'm already quitting. I punch out after my lunch break, walk by his office and tell him all the packages are loaded and ready for him to deliver. Then I walked out.

Another package runner bites the dust for UPS, hope whoever gets my route can handle the stops per hour. I expect a lot of call ins or maybe even more people quitting on monday, because whatever happened with me happened to everyone else as well.

Before anyone asks, I have another job lined up that I'm exciting about even though it pays less. Wish you guys success with this job.
I understand finally fed up with the bull 💩 Good luck on your new journey.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What countries have a 401k plan?

Whole countries have a 401k plan?

Name them please. Exactly.

Based on your exact words
1635942657263.gif

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Brain surgeon,mechanic,Air America pilot "cia operative", house painter aka assassin,trial attorney,runner up in beauty contest,New York subway graffiti legend "SEEN",tough man contest participant,Chuck Norris stunt double,French foreign legion,NHRA champion,member of mensa,hotshot fire fighter,Korean war decorated purple heart recipient,Gambino associate,lumberjack,Latin grammy winner,American folk hero etc. Please add on if I forgot anything
True.

I am a semi-driver and a pilot(private/instrument) not airline though...mechanic too(A&P)(I've earned that).

Last edited:

quad decade guy

Brain surgeon,mechanic,Air America pilot "cia operative", house painter aka assassin,trial attorney,runner up in beauty contest,New York subway graffiti legend "SEEN",tough man contest participant,Chuck Norris stunt double,French foreign legion,NHRA champion,member of mensa,hotshot fire fighter,Korean war decorated purple heart recipient,Gambino associate,lumberjack,Latin grammy winner,American folk hero etc. Please add on if I forgot anything
Not true.

I stand by my comments, they are absolutely true.

Jealousy/envy makes one look small and petty...foolish.

quad decade guy

Oh....a joke...they are supposed to be funny. Right?

It looked like hatred and belittling.....bullying some call it.
He was also the second shooter on the grassy knoll
Not true.
Upstate Daves idol ?
Nope.
It’s not jealousy or envy, it’s mockery.
Ok. Jealous, enviable ....mockery?

Say, you're proud of that? Weird indeed. Proud to internet bully folks for their accomplishments? Weird. Most of you kind of folks that we encountered in grade school and throughout life were deeply scarred from their inadequacies and insecurities. And just a pure lack of amounting to much in general. Nothin from nothin leaves nothin...they say.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Not true.

Nope.

Say, you're proud of that? Weird indeed. Proud to internet bully folks for their accomplishments? Weird. Most of you kind of folks that we encountered in grade school and throughout life were deeply scarred from their inadequacies and insecurities. And just a pure lack of amounting to much in general. Nothin from nothin leaves nothin...they say.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Not true.

Nope.

Boomers are so soft. Luckily you all just cake walked through life and became millionaires. You’d never survive what kids now deal with.

quad decade guy

Boomers are so soft. Luckily you all just cake walked through life and became millionaires. You’d never survive what kids now deal with.
You guys should take a look at the psychology of mockery. It sure makes you guys look small and petty.

Words like insecurities, inferiority, low self-esteem and low self-worth.......

And to be proud of such? A real badge of honor.

And to your comment......"boomers" are just supposed to do what exactly?" Like rape.....it's inevitable....just sit back and enjoy it."-Clayton Williams.

Your comments are so odd and at least tone deaf......something like you just have to toughen up and take it....no, I don't. And to think a lot of this(hatred) is because we have one of the best jobs in the world(arguably).

satellitedriver

Walked into the center in the morning with 240 stops on my rural route. There will obviously be missed after 12 hours of delivering along with everyone else in the center. Problem started when we were all told that nothing could be left in the center. Every package including those that won't be delivered need to go with us on the truck. I will skip the rest here, but there was a lot of yelling going back and forth between drivers, supervisors and the center manager. Eventually they settled with fitting as many packages as possible and they will come around and make sure there's no room to fit in more.

So how bad was it? I pulled my first 10 stops out and left the center with them in the cab because I couldn't walk into the back. I brought 2 air containers with me to hold small packages in the cab. I continued like that for 38 stops. In that time I couldn't open the sliding door 4 times due to boxes piling up against it. I had to go to the back, pull boxes onto the road and then climb on my stomach to clear boxes from the sliding door several times. I finally had enough when I twisted my ankle trying to get over a box.

This company sets you up to fail. They'd rather have numbers that show everyone left the center early and that they kept the center clean of packages... even though it will lower everyone's stops per hour to the ground from not being able to grab and sort the back of the truck.

After 47 stops I decided I had enough. Called in a vehicle breakdown to waste time and got towed back an hour later. Center manager says they got a van ready for me to deliver in, so start moving the packages from the truck, which the mechanic will look at later. Told him I'm taking a lunch break right then, he goes ballistic. I sit there and eat while he yells threats. Of course I don't care because I'm already quitting. I punch out after my lunch break, walk by his office and tell him all the packages are loaded and ready for him to deliver. Then I walked out.

Another package runner bites the dust for UPS, hope whoever gets my route can handle the stops per hour. I expect a lot of call ins or maybe even more people quitting on monday, because whatever happened with me happened to everyone else as well.

Before anyone asks, I have another job lined up that I'm exciting about even though it pays less. Wish you guys success with this job.
Sounds like peak in 1986 when we recorded every pkg on paper signature required and the cab was full of pkgs and could only bring back 2 undelivered pkgs.
Some can survive the rigors of the job, most move on with their lives.
Best of luck to you, and I truly mean that.
In my short 28 1/2yrs working at UPS, I saw over 300+ new hire drivers, 150 part time sups, 75+ on car Sup's, 14 Center managers and 7 Division managers come and go.
In a center that only had 70 drivers.
Most the sup's and center managers were fired for fudging "the numbers'.
When I was hired in 86, the average nationwide for a driver working at UPS was 3yrs.
In my time, this job could only be done with people that had a certain mindset and 60% of the drivers I hired into with stayed in the job until retirement. the other 40% created the average.
Some can, some can't, some won't, some get caught doing wrong.
That's Life.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

No one else is quitting.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Not true.

Nope.

It’s Friday why not try and relax a bit