Quitting Monday, am I in the wrong?

Hello so I was hired on as a seasonal night shift loader in early November. Well I had always thought of UPS as a future career so I knew hard work was a part of it, not the issue. I routinely feel my supes aren't listening to me but just trying to verbally please me and not taking action.

There is feces smeared on our bathroom wall, that has been there over a week and despite me asking if it could be cleaned it's still there. I haven't had a stationary position in my 30 days, always moving from areas sometimes 3 areas in a day and then getting cut at 3.5 hours or less. Within my first two weeks I had ran about 5 areas. I've told my supervisor I like the hard work and want to work hard but I need to be treated like the other new hires too. They have sent a two week new hire to Recycles and then sent me home, letting him run them.

My last interaction was my full time supervisor moving me back to my original area after being traded around and telling me 'This is your home now, you don't leave home' and by the end of day they had me in a different PD doing irregs and then sent home.

Am I wrong for feeling hopeless? My trainer says hopefully it's just a seasonal thing, but we recently had another supe quit because she was being moved to help everyone. Thoughts please.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello so I was hired on as a seasonal night shift loader in early November. Well I had always thought of UPS as a future career so I knew hard work was a part of it, not the issue. I routinely feel my supes aren't listening to me but just trying to verbally please me and not taking action.

There is feces smeared on our bathroom wall, that has been there over a week and despite me asking if it could be cleaned it's still there. I haven't had a stationary position in my 30 days, always moving from areas sometimes 3 areas in a day and then getting cut at 3.5 hours or less. Within my first two weeks I had ran about 5 areas. I've told my supervisor I like the hard work and want to work hard but I need to be treated like the other new hires too. They have sent a two week new hire to Recycles and then sent me home, letting him run them.

My last interaction was my full time supervisor moving me back to my original area after being traded around and telling me 'This is your home now, you don't leave home' and by the end of day they had me in a different PD doing irregs and then sent home.

Am I wrong for feeling hopeless? My trainer says hopefully it's just a seasonal thing, but we recently had another supe quit because she was being moved to help everyone. Thoughts please.

E7FF2CEF-6976-4803-8611-23E5C5A46C30.gif

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You’re hired as seasonal, you’d be lucky if they didn’t lay you off themselves on Monday.

You’ve been here a little over a month, long enough to realize this place isn’t for you, good luck.

You’re hired as seasonal, you’d be lucky if they didn’t lay you off themselves on Monday.

You’ve been here a little over a month, long enough to realize this place isn’t for you, good luck.

Aware they could lay me off, have been told they've never laid anyone off of the night shift before. Never had a complaint about my work, the management of labor is trash.

pierregarcon

If you want the job, keep working as long as they will have you. If not, then quit. Even with high seniority, when I was still in the building, I had to work as directed. Usually getting moved around is a sign that at least you are a good worker. Management always tries to hide the slugs with easy work.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

A bunch of seasonals were let go here two days ago, only to be called back to load today. I’m guessing management didn’t realize that peak is still going on.

Don’t expect much common sense from this company.

pierregarcon

A bunch of seasonals were let go here two days ago, only to be called back to load today. I’m guessing management didn’t realize that peak is still going on.

Don’t expect much common sense from this company.

Any more I am dumbfounded how poorly this company is ran. It seems with each year passing the boys in Atlanta are constantly chasing stock prices, but seem to have zero clue as to the day to day operations. We spend dollars to save dimes all across the board. It's staggering how inefficient we are for a company that harps on logistics. Did a bit of Googling and it brought up an article of UPS announcing Orion in October of 2016. To this day most routes in our center are not properly optimized and the Orion plan is actually a longer day than just following straight EDD.

ManInBrown

Pretty please dont leave. The company will fold without you