Quitting Monday, am I in the wrong?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Brownfrownbigtown, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Brownfrownbigtown

Brownfrownbigtown New Member

Hello so I was hired on as a seasonal night shift loader in early November. Well I had always thought of UPS as a future career so I knew hard work was a part of it, not the issue. I routinely feel my supes aren't listening to me but just trying to verbally please me and not taking action.

There is feces smeared on our bathroom wall, that has been there over a week and despite me asking if it could be cleaned it's still there. I haven't had a stationary position in my 30 days, always moving from areas sometimes 3 areas in a day and then getting cut at 3.5 hours or less. Within my first two weeks I had ran about 5 areas. I've told my supervisor I like the hard work and want to work hard but I need to be treated like the other new hires too. They have sent a two week new hire to Recycles and then sent me home, letting him run them.

My last interaction was my full time supervisor moving me back to my original area after being traded around and telling me 'This is your home now, you don't leave home' and by the end of day they had me in a different PD doing irregs and then sent home.

Am I wrong for feeling hopeless? My trainer says hopefully it's just a seasonal thing, but we recently had another supe quit because she was being moved to help everyone. Thoughts please.

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Old Old x 3
    • List
  2. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

E7FF2CEF-6976-4803-8611-23E5C5A46C30.gif

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

You’re hired as seasonal, you’d be lucky if they didn’t lay you off themselves on Monday.

You’ve been here a little over a month, long enough to realize this place isn’t for you, good luck.

4. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

How do you know it's poop?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Brownfrownbigtown

It was fresh around the 15th of December and smelled like :censored2:. It's in streaks like fingers, and it has happened before.

6. Brownfrownbigtown

Aware they could lay me off, have been told they've never laid anyone off of the night shift before. Never had a complaint about my work, the management of labor is trash.

7. pierregarcon

pierregarcon New Member

If you want the job, keep working as long as they will have you. If not, then quit. Even with high seniority, when I was still in the building, I had to work as directed. Usually getting moved around is a sign that at least you are a good worker. Management always tries to hide the slugs with easy work.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

A bunch of seasonals were let go here two days ago, only to be called back to load today. I’m guessing management didn’t realize that peak is still going on.

Don’t expect much common sense from this company.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. pierregarcon

pierregarcon New Member

Any more I am dumbfounded how poorly this company is ran. It seems with each year passing the boys in Atlanta are constantly chasing stock prices, but seem to have zero clue as to the day to day operations. We spend dollars to save dimes all across the board. It's staggering how inefficient we are for a company that harps on logistics. Did a bit of Googling and it brought up an article of UPS announcing Orion in October of 2016. To this day most routes in our center are not properly optimized and the Orion plan is actually a longer day than just following straight EDD.

10. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

Lol @Poop Head not again!

11. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

Who cares. My stop count will stay the same if you’re there or not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Air Recovery

Air Recovery Active Member

Literally no one cares if you quit. You're not special. At all.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Pretty please dont leave. The company will fold without you

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. GenericUsername

GenericUsername Active Member

Maybe he gave it a lick to make sure it wasn't chocolate.

15. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

ups is the perfect evolutionary experiment

survival of the fittest

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  16. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

F8D84AB2-5F60-4EB6-A026-5C564691AAE0.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Ask all the drivers to submit a fecal sample and compare them to the one on the wall .

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • List
  18. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

Yeah. Our bathrooms are generally pretty filthy . Its what we do best.

19. derrick

derrick Member

call osha and keep it mooving

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Fixed it