Quitting Procedure and other related questions

conair86

I've been a part time package handler for UPS for about 1 1/2 years. I've gotten about 4 semesters worth of tuition reimbursement from them.

Due to the constraints of my full time day job, I am considering quitting UPS which I do the twilight shift for.

Several questions I have are:

- I plan on giving 2 weeks notice to be proper with everything. Do they honor that or will I be done right then and there?

- I will still have some option week and option time left. Do I get paid for that which I didn't use?

- I can't find anything where I looked on the Edcor site, but will I need to pay them back for whatever tuition I was reimbursed for?

Thanks for any insite that can be given

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I've been a part time package handler for UPS for about 1 1/2 years. I've gotten about 4 semesters worth of tuition reimbursement from them.

Due to the constraints of my full time day job, I am considering quitting UPS which I do the twilight shift for.

Several questions I have are:

- I plan on giving 2 weeks notice to be proper with everything. Do they honor that or will I be done right then and there?

- I will still have some option week and option time left. Do I get paid for that which I didn't use?

- I can't find anything where I looked on the Edcor site, but will I need to pay them back for whatever tuition I was reimbursed for?

Thanks for any insite that can be given

I’d use any option days vacation days sick days before you give notice

otherwise good luck to ya

Erikajpace

I only trained at UPS one night. Then they said we would not work the next two nights (Thursday and Friday) We were supposed to call in Monday night and see if we worked. Sunday I had an interview for a driver helper, I went even though I was already hired as a package handler. I was hoping to switch to 1) a day shift position and 2) one where it was not a day to day thing whether I worked or not.

During the interview that lady said that I would have to quit the one job in order to switch. I told her I would like to do that. She typed in that I was quitting do to the hours. Then turned to me and said "I suggest you come in earlier next year, in order to get the job you want".

Now I have no job and they will not even pay for the day I trained. How would I get a hold of the Alderwood Hub in Portland? Or what company can I get a hold of to complain about UPS for non payment?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I only trained at UPS one night. Then they said we would not work the next two nights (Thursday and Friday) We were supposed to call in Monday night and see if we worked. Sunday I had an interview for a driver helper, I went even though I was already hired as a package handler. I was hoping to switch to 1) a day shift position and 2) one where it was not a day to day thing whether I worked or not.

During the interview that lady said that I would have to quit the one job in order to switch. I told her I would like to do that. She typed in that I was quitting do to the hours. Then turned to me and said "I suggest you come in earlier next year, in order to get the job you want".

Now I have no job and they will not even pay for the day I trained. How would I get a hold of the Alderwood Hub in Portland? Or what company can I get a hold of to complain about UPS for non payment?
They have to pay you for the one day you worked. You should have a check on next Friday or Thursday. If not, call the labor board of your state and file a report.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
470ED8D6-3B6C-44F8-9657-C3B22FA67AF2.gif
How hot are you, Felicia?