Quitting the union...

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I think you have to understand the union is part of the reason they do things the way they do though. With the union there, not much they can really do, so it’s just a way of pushing buttons. If the union was gone, you can bet they wouldn’t treat employees worse.
Wrong

F

Frankie's Friend

I think you have to understand the union is part of the reason they do things the way they do though. With the union there, not much they can really do, so it’s just a way of pushing buttons. If the union was gone, you can bet they wouldn’t treat employees worse.
Except we would have the management's insurance plans ($5000-$6000 deductibles), be cussed out like they are by their bosses, and have performance based raises.

F

Frankie's Friend

I wish I had the protection my management team has. They are the most unethical people I’ve ever met, openly for the most part. They get caught doing crazy stuff and it’s like it never happened. Really unbelievable.
That's because (imo) they hate the bargaining unit employee and many are jealous of our wages and benefits. They have a collective enemy and that's why they circle the wagons even if they are dead wrong.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That's because (imo) they hate the bargaining unit employee and many are jealous of our wages and benefits. They have a collective enemy and that's why they circle the wagons even if they are dead wrong.

Anyone that thinks working at UPS without the Teamsters wouldn't be worse....

doesn't know UPS, or has been living under a rock.

F

Frankie's Friend

Or overlooks how the co would treat us to try to shore up their argument.

Ups without a union would be FedEx ground in time imo.
Some pay, same caliber service, same issues with little to no recourse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Time for change

It’s a culture propagated by the union as it is their only way of pushing buttons using scare tactics. They couldn’t have possibly run things that way without a union, they wouldn’t have employees. Case in point, right now the difference in management compared to when the economy was worse is drastic in my building. Management is pretty laid back and there just isn’t discipline for almost anything that there previously was. At the end of the day, they have to have workers to operate the business, and they are desperately holding onto every employee they can.

Trailer monkey

I think all the IBT lovers should quit and take their crappy Union with them.
You are either a management troll or an incredibly stupid hourly. If you really believe that you would be better off without a union contract, you would, without a doubt be the most profoundly ignorant person that I have ever communicated with

Time for change

Where? I am looking for a new job.

UPS has not participated in Central States for 10 years.
If you don’t think there are more central states type situations coming....
You are either a management troll or an incredibly stupid hourly. If you really believe that you would be better off without a union contract, you would, without a doubt be the most profoundly ignorant person that I have ever communicated with
I’d gladly compare SAT and IQ test scores, gladly!