Quitting the union...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The union peaked during the Papa Hoffa days and has been on a slow deathroll ever since. Baby Hoffa will be viewed in future history books as being the man responsible for the death of the Teamsters.

A lot of the responsibility has to be shared by ignorant members who were too lazy to vote.

The union peaked during the Papa Hoffa days and has been on a slow deathroll ever since. Baby Hoffa will be viewed in future history books as being the man responsible for the death of the Teamsters.

A lot of the responsibility has to be shared by ignorant members who were too lazy to vote.
Unlike senior. All his predecessors had to do maintenance.

rod

Retired 22 years

Jimmy Sr. would kick Jrs. rear if he was alive today (maybe even have him wacked)

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

It is so ironic. Working as a union employee complaining that its better to not have one and that other non union companies are better. Why on earth would a person then not quit and go work for those better companies? Less complaining opportunities?

Trailer monkey

I was second in my class, and full academic scholarship. After a year of school, I had my first daughter and became a stay at home mom until my husband died. So no piece of paper, but would happily compare those two scores against anyone on this forum.
It doesn't take a person with a high IQ to know that UPS workers are much better off with a union contract than without one.

It doesn't take a person with a high IQ to know that UPS workers are much better off with a union contract than without one.
But it doesn’t take a genius to see where the union is heading either. If anyone believes they’ll be able to get enough voters under the structure at ups, they’re wrong. The union and company realize this. The only way to get the unions attention is financially, period. In America, that’s the only way to get anyone to listen. So, it’s either blindly sending them money each month while they do whatever they want, or hit them where it hurts. Heads would spin they’d tie the line so fast once they saw their actions being catastrophic to their survival. They work for members. They’ve lost sight of their duty. Are upsers better off under a union contract? Sure. But we earn the wages, benefits and much more. Would another non union company pay us that? Highly doubtful. But that argument is detrimental to the people fighting for everything we deserve. All I’ve seen is settling and surrendering. People pay the union to see them fight in the arena

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Anyone that thinks working at UPS without the Teamsters wouldn't be worse....
doesn't know UPS, or has been living under a rock.

OOOOO The bogyman is going to get you if it wasn't for our savior the SuperUnion!

None of them have a pension, healthcare, 6 weeks off a year. Stupid question.

Care to rethink that?

Considering that more than half the membership doesn't even care enough
vote, the IBT took what it wanted and said, "screw the ups teamsters, we got ours!"-Bug-

I should get paid for continually correcting your lies!