Quitting the union...

Trailer monkey

But it doesn’t take a genius to see where the union is heading either. If anyone believes they’ll be able to get enough voters under the structure at ups, they’re wrong. The union and company realize this. The only way to get the unions attention is financially, period. In America, that’s the only way to get anyone to listen. So, it’s either blindly sending them money each month while they do whatever they want, or hit them where it hurts. Heads would spin they’d tie the line so fast once they saw their actions being catastrophic to their survival. They work for members. They’ve lost sight of their duty. Are upsers better off under a union contract? Sure. But we earn the wages, benefits and much more. Would another non union company pay us that? Highly doubtful. But that argument is detrimental to the people fighting for everything we deserve. All I’ve seen is settling and surrendering. People pay the union to see them fight in the arena
Dropping out would do nothing but further weaken an already weak union. If you can find one example of a union that was strengthened and reformed by people dropping out, I'd like to hear about it

Dropping out would do nothing but further weaken an already weak union. If you can find one example of a union that was strengthened and reformed by people dropping out, I'd like to hear about it
Like I said before, it’s a double edged sword. No union can be strengthened or reformed by using a rule that is impossible to defeat under the structure of members. I’d like to see you prove otherwise to me.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
$26+per hour,$1200 per month accrued pension ,outstanding healthcare, dental, prescriptions, vision,5 weeks paid vacation all negotiated by the IBT for a part time job moving frickin cardboard. Quit the union ? KMA I think not.
And to the lazy people who did not vote even though it is your livelihood you can KMA too.

Time for change

It is so ironic. Working as a union employee complaining that its better to not have one and that other non union companies are better. Why on earth would a person then not quit and go work for those better companies? Less complaining opportunities?

It doesn't take a person with a high IQ to know that UPS workers are much better off with a union contract than without one.
Except for say the three year part timer who is in union and then a person walks off the street and makes more because the show up to work bonus. And maybe the 3 year driver making less than some off the street seasonals. Hey I’m all for unions, and have made that abundantly clear. This union is corrupt af, ignores the will of the members and I will not pay them to continue to do that. They can do that without my dues.

Time for change

It is so ironic. Working as a union employee complaining that its better to not have one and that other non union companies are better. Why on earth would a person then not quit and go work for those better companies? Less complaining opportunities?

It doesn't take a person with a high IQ to know that UPS workers are much better off with a union contract than without one.

If I’m in a union and making 36-40 an hour and without that job I’d be making 12-15 then yea I’m probably going to be worshipping at the IBT alter as well. Nowhere did I say I’m anti-union, but I’m absolutely anti-IBT.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Blame Ron Carey and TDU.
Prior to their involvement, it was a straight 2/3 majority that was needed.
It's funny, to see TDU cry.... about their "hand" in everything.

Do you even understand 1/2 the :censored2: you post? You are claiming all of this is due to TDU because before they got a minor change no matter how many voted, a 2/3 majority was needed to prevent Dennis and Jr. from :censored2:ing our :censored2:s bloody! Since TDU got involved at least we can force Dennis and Hoffa to use lube! But hey, its all TDU's fault!

Bug seriously, you are an idiot!

I understand, you're trying to sound intelligent.
What does that mean?

Reading comprehension for the win. Can you say :censored2:?
I rest my case!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
You are like a child in all that you write.

Why, because I know the 30+ year drivers absolutely sold out everyone else for the extra $400 a month no matter how hard the IBT screwed everyone else? Those who, for years led the pack in SPH, are now needing drivers to come help them finish multiple times a week? Those same drivers who keep bailing you out will now get screwed by the company because of your yes vote all because of $400!

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

Is everyone absolutely sure that if everyone voted it would be a no vote? Why was the 2/3rd language instituted in the first place? After all it was 54% to 46%. Hardly a landslide.

Why, because I know the 30+ year drivers absolutely sold out everyone else for the extra $400 a month no matter how hard the IBT screwed everyone else? Those who, for years led the pack in SPH, are now needing drivers to come help them finish multiple times a week? Those same drivers who keep bailing you out will now get screwed by the company because of your yes vote all because of $400!
What extra $400 a month? Any pension I get is the same pension everyone else gets. Who bails me out? Want me to show you how to do your job? I voted no on the master. Again, what $400?

Sure! Know how many have had to take stops off me this year? 0! How many have taken stops off you this week alone?
Haven’t worked in weeks. Once this year they sent me help (I didn’t ask for it). Punched out at 10 hours + got a .70 in bonus. I’ve needed help maybe 10 times in the last 2 decades. Mostly from doing routes blind. Never needed help on the same route twice tho.