R.I.P. Michael Jackson

jennie

I just watched some on yahoo, and I think the brothers and Janet should of taken off their glasses! I am such a fan, but freaked me out that all were inside a building, hiding behind glasses??

moreluck

golden ticket member
Where is Michael Jackson's coffin???

___ already buried

___cremated already

___at Staples Center, center court

___ lost on the 101 freeway

___ being mummified like King Tut

___ on my front porch

over9five

Staff member
I just watched some on yahoo, and I think the brothers and Janet should of taken off their glasses! I am such a fan, but freaked me out that all were inside a building, hiding behind glasses??

I think that was the only part I saw. All of them dressed identical with the same flower and their shades on. Did they think they were still the Jackson Five performing??

Wifey says the 11 year old daughter spoke. How did that go?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

More, I had not seen the footage until this morning but it certainly appears to me that it was staged, which is indeed sad and shame on the Jacksons for putting her through that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
HUH ??!! :dead:

A&E's Jackson family reality show a thriller

By James Hibberd James Hibberd Sun Jul 12, 10:36 pm ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – A&E is working on a reality project with the Jackson family which could gain newfound viewer interest in the wake of the King of Pop's death.
The network commissioned a one-hour special following Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Randy that was originally intended to serve as a "backdoor pilot" for a potential series. The project was commissioned months ago and producers have finished shooting footage that followed Jackson family members as they readied a new album and reunion tour.
A&E planned to air the result as a special, tentatively titled "The Jackson Family," next year, taking a "wait and see" approach and gauging viewer reaction before deciding whether to order the project as a series.
After Michael's unexpected death last month and subsequent intensive media coverage, the question for A&E becomes: What now?
Producers have not shot any additional footage with the family since Jackson's death, leaving the network with a project that's still attractive -- one that uses footage and interviews capturing the current incarnation of The Jacksons as entertainers, entrepreneurs and family members -- yet also has a glaring narrative omission hanging over its current form.
A&E's special will almost certainly have to change to reflect recent events. But the network has not yet decided the best course of action.
"We have started discussing internally and with the family but have not yet decided what direction to take with the show," said A&E executives, in a statement. "We are respecting the family's wishes right now, and at the appropriate time we will all decide what direction this program to take, so stay tuned."
The situation is not entirely unlike TLC's recent wrangling of "Jon & Kate Plus 8," where the collapse of the Gosselins' marriage disrupted the previously agreed-upon "reality" of the reality show.
(Editing by DeanGoodman at Reuters

moreluck

golden ticket member
LaToya wants to know where the $1-2 million in cash is in the house. "Michael always kept the cash in the house" Yeah, I suppose she'll want to file an insurance claim for that amount too, at least.

over9five

Staff member
Latoya told some British paper that Micheal was murdered for his money. She knows who did it (won't say who), and won't rest till that person pays.

iowa boy

The title......"How Can We Miss You When You Won't Go Away?":dissapointed:

Sorry to revive such a "sacred" thread, but has any one else seen this. Was perusing CNN's website and came upon this:

Jackson originally was scheduled to be laid to rest August 29, on what would have been his 51st birthday.
The private ceremony will still take place at Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, California, according to a statement from Ken Sunshine.
No reason was given for the change in date.
The ceremony "will be limited to family and close friends," the statement said.
Jackson died June 25 of cardiac arrest. The famed entertainer was 50.

link:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/21/jackson.burial/index.html

Sorry More, but your quote fit this story so well, I just had to use it.:happy2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe he makes a good lookin' corpse and they don't want to inter him yet.

He died like June 25 or so and burial on Sept. 3rd is a long ,long time to wait.

You're right, Iowa, the quote does indeed fit well. :happy2:

ups1990

My feeling was that the family was going to put Micheal in a cryogenic state. You know, where a person is frozen like a piece of steak, hoping for a future revival as medicine technology improves. Kinda of like Ted Williams, where his sons go to visit "pops".

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Speaking of hearing things...............has anyone heard that they are going to turn his practice sessions (the ones he was doing before he died) into a movie.

I think More has it right. The title......"How Can We Miss You When You Won't Go Away?":dissapointed:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sounds like interest in the King of Pop is fading.....that Jackson clan will have to get real jobs!
Jackson Vienna concert line-up falling apart

By Caroline Copley and Alex Dobuzinskis Caroline Copley And Alex Dobuzinskis Thu Sep 10, 5:28 pm ET

BERLIN/LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Plans for a Vienna tribute concert honoring Michael Jackson have been dealt a blow, with singers Mary J. Blige, Chris Brown and Natalie Cole not expected to perform, despite efforts by the late pop star's brother, Jermaine, to organize the event.
In Berlin, Jermaine Jackson and organizers on Thursday played down the lack of confirmed big names for the September 26 concert in front of Vienna's Schoenbrunn castle before an expected audience of 65,000.
"The star is Michael Jackson -- it's not about name dropping and who else will be there," the show's producer Georg Kindel told a news conference.
Tickets for the concert called "The Tribute" -- where Jermaine Jackson also plans to perform a medley of Jackson Five hits -- are being sold in stages for $92 to $755 (63 to 518 euros).
But U.S. representatives for Blige, Brown and Cole said on Thursday none of the three would perform in Vienna, despite statements by the concert organizers earlier this week that they would perform there.
That leaves only some lesser- known performers still definitely on board to sing at the show, including Sister Sledge, best known for the 1979 dance track "We Are Family."
Karynne Tencer, a Los Angeles spokeswoman for Blige, said in an e-mail that the singer will not perform at the tribute concert. "She wanted to but she had a previous commitment in Milan" on September 26 at an event for fashion company Gucci, Tencer told Reuters.
A person close to Brown said on condition of anonymity the R&B star will not perform at the tribute show. The "Kiss Kiss" singer was recently convicted of beating his former girlfriend, the pop star Rihanna, and he would need to get a judge's permission to leave the United States.
Maureen O'Connor, a Los Angeles spokeswoman for Cole, said she will not be there because days earlier she will attend an event in Tennessee for Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama, and can not make it to Vienna in time.
O'Connor said organizers of the Jackson tribute show had reached out to Cole. "There was a conversation, but she was never committed to do it," she said.
'A LOT OF CONFUSION'
Show organizers plan to announce a list of confirmed acts in Vienna next week, after Jermaine Jackson has personally confirmed who will attend.
"It seems that there is a lot of confusion regarding the confirmed talent for the tribute -- we are rechecking and confirming each artist personally," Kindel said.
Plans call for "numerous international stars" to reinterpret Jackson's greatest hits, including "Billie Jean, "Thriller" and "Bad," according to the show's website.
Michael Jackson died of a prescription drug overdose on June 25 in what U.S. authorities describe as a homicide. They are investigating doctors who treated the singer.
Friends and musicians including Stevie Wonder, Jennifer Hudson, Mariah Carey and Lionel Richie performed at a public memorial for Jackson in Los Angeles in July that was watched on television by more than 31 million Americans and many more around the world.
Michael Jackson's mother, Katherine, pledged her support for the Vienna concert in a video message aimed at allaying rumors of a family feud.

"I am looking forward to being there," she said in a video recorded on Wednesday at the Jackson family compound in Los Angeles. "I am sure it is going to be a great show." (Editing by Jill Serjeant and Philip Barbara)

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I read that he was buried with his sunglasses, glove and other items. Last time I checked, it said, you are born into this world with nothing and when you die, you take nothing with you.