Racism rears its ugly head

diesel96

You know I only stated the true facts, a matter of public record. If it bothers you so much put me on ignore.

Ignore you, why ? I find it stimulating to challenged a formed opinion such as implying Obama's state and senate race were not real, and that he played dirty politics by using public record. Thank you WKMAC for elaborating on the behind the scene events of a questionable dirty politics claim. Ironically, I find this new role reversal approach of tactics amusing being the history of dirty tactics unleashed on Obama in the last 20 months.

tieguy

Banned
How about we let the political process run it's course, in most states the Gov picks a member of the same party with two years left until re-election. This wouldn't be such a bad idea to vote to have it amended, but why all of a sudden now? Cause they're Democrats? But just so you don't feel cheated, imagine allowing the democratic way to fill the presidency in 2000'.....Just ask Al :wink2:Gore

Still trying to diminsh "Pres Elect" Obama's character I see, by declaring his state and senate races weren't real and campaigned dirty? Statements like this, coming from members of the GOP, disciples of Carl Rove dirty politics 101 claiming role reversal. :rofl: What's real is "Pres Elect" Obama's shredding of all other campaign records and support up to 750 million dollars raised. Must be real hard pill for you to swallow and ruffled your feathers.
.....But since you care for the well being of children, what if "Pres Elect" Obama's children stumbled upon that new hurtful avatar of yours ?
BTW.....Do you cringe at the sight of seeing "Pres Elect" before Obama's name ? ......Don't fret, approx 40 days till we drop "elect" and keep the tag, President Obama.....

Originally Posted by tieguy
Oh I don't know lets try something silly like finding someone who is qualified not the right color for the job. :happy-very:

You should know the drill you libcons claim to be for equal rights.:happy-very:

Oh please.....why create skid marks in your Ronald Reagan tighty whities:wink2: over what someone insignificant ,as far as authority to appoint, is trying to sell the public.

and the plot thickens as we now find out the job was for sale to the highest minority bidder? somehow Obama supposedly escaped all that corruption squeaky clean?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just looking for the Racism thread......

Seems that Seattle law enforcement has stopped enforcing laws that are too harsh on minorities.

Also, I heard that businesses requiring college degrees for employment are now racist!!

OK, that's just taking it too, too far. I'm sick of everything being labeled racist. :sad-little:

Olympics label racist?
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/0...st-london-2012-olympics-logo/?test=latestnews

FOX News isn't a quotable source any longer. Almost everything they run has a conservative slant to it. They are essentially the media arm of the GOP, yet you quote them constantly. Do you ever think that there might be an agenda or a specific target demographic FOX is looking to serve? The average FOX viewer is 60 or older, white, and conservative. They're just feeding you everything you want to hear, which is apparently fine with you.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If I check CNN or MSNBC, they eliminate stories altogether if the stories aren't liberally left leaning. I want the news, both sides. I just listened to Juan Williams.....he's not a republican conservative.

wkmac

If I check CNN or MSNBC, they eliminate stories altogether if the stories aren't liberally left leaning. I want the news, both sides. I just listened to Juan Williams.....he's not a republican conservative.

So you really think you are getting the full story do you?

Look behind the curtain and then guess again.

Add in radio and other associated media and information outlets owned by this limited addition and maybe you might just begin to have a little bit of doubt about just how much of the real story you actually are getting.

BTW: Dig a bit and you might be surprised at who is really wanting the President to have a internet....uh make that an information kill switch that can be pulled at any time. Wonder what group of industry monopolists would benefit if the information net were unplugged?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

That's true about CNN and MSNBC. But their audience is a fraction of what FOX has, so their influence is far less IMO.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So you really think you are getting the full story do you?

Look behind the curtain and then guess again.

Add in radio and other associated media and information outlets owned by this limited addition and maybe you might just begin to have a little bit of doubt about just how much of the real story you actually are getting.

BTW: Dig a bit and you might be surprised at who is really wanting the President to have a internet....uh make that an information kill switch that can be pulled at any time. Wonder what group of industry monopolists would benefit if the information net were unplugged?

I never.....repeat, never, listen to the radio. I have one cd in my cd player in my car. Anyone on BC for awhile knows what cd is in my car and I play it over & over whenever I am in my car. I have a back up cd too in case I wear out the first one.

I regard ALL news with skepticism and have for a long time. There is going to be a spin regardless of who you are reading, listing to or watching. Each and everyone of them edit what part they broadcast to fit their agenda and they ALL have one.
It would be nice if they ALL would just report the facts and leave the analysis to the population. True, some of the population will get it wrong but it would beat being spoon fed the opinions.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Affirmative-Action-President.jpg

bbsam

Staff member

How long until Williams gets his own show of Fox? How long do you think it will last?

Lue C Fur

Evil member
How long until Williams gets his own show of Fox? How long do you think it will last?

I dont think he will get his own show on FOX but i could be wrong. I just dont think he is that popular. I like to listen to him though as he makes some good points.

bbsam

Staff member
So wherein comes the "balanced" part of "fair and balanced"? Or has Fox quietly dropped that tag-line?

wkmac

If Juan does a good "Stepin Fetchit" routine, it may see lots of success. Let's be honest, Juan is nothing more than a wrestling "heel" character so the "face" characters can maintain their "goodguy" status in the eyes of the faithful! And it's not just FoxNews that does it either!

moreluck

golden ticket member
My mom used to call me that....Stepin Fetchit".....anytime I wasn't moving fast enough for her. I knew the character she was referring to . Can you even imagine a character today like that......Jessie & Al would be all over it!!!

bbsam

Staff member
If Juan does a good "Stepin Fetchit" routine, it may see lots of success. Let's be honest, Juan is nothing more than a wrestling "heel" character so the "face" characters can maintain their "goodguy" status in the eyes of the faithful! And it's not just FoxNews that does it either!

And that's my point. He's window dressing to try for legitimacy. But in MSNBC's defense, they do have Morning Joe and some pretty thoughtful back-and-forth with guests and commentators.

And that's my point. He's window dressing to try for legitimacy. But in MSNBC's defense, they do have Morning Joe and some pretty thoughtful back-and-forth with guests and commentators.
Fox does the same thing with Alan Combs, wanna talk about annoying....geeesh.