Raises

AB831

No more raises at Express it is being phased out like “last mile” just saw a picture of new Ground center all the money is going to owner operator model also elimination of all the Express mgt. overhead may be over.
I doubt Express will exist in 5 years.

AB831

You will eventually have a two shift system-----morning and afternoon----comprised of PT couriers.
That actually seems more likely. I should have said "exist as is". While Ground is their money maker, next day airmail is the face of their brand, so it would only make sense to continue it in some capacity. What i'm curious is what's going to happen to 20 year workers who are 45 years old and are counting on that as their career? I think the time is now for them to look into covering their bases.

Working4the1%

That actually seems more likely. I should have said "exist as is". While Ground is their money maker, next day airmail is the face of their brand, so it would only make sense to continue it in some capacity. What i'm curious is what's going to happen to 20 year workers who are 45 years old and are counting on that as their career? I think the time is now for them to look into covering their bases.
Yes vote DEM. Pretty simple in fact

Gone fishin

So do you think that eventually ALL of the Express SOS resi, E2 and EX svr will be diverted to ground?..
Ground is failing miserably in my area. Turnover rate is ridiculous , trailers of freight backed up and loaders quitting because it’s no longer worth the money for the job. The usps guy asked me why they’ve been delivering ground freight for the last two weeks.
I said smart post and he said no , regular ground.
This experiment is a disaster in my area and getting worse

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Ground is failing miserably in my area. Turnover rate is ridiculous , trailers of freight backed up and loaders quitting because it’s no longer worth the money for the job. The usps guy asked me why they’ve been delivering ground freight for the last two weeks.
You gotta’ remember, the guy who had final approval on this is Fred S who hasn’t had a good idea in the last 40 years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The USPS should not be delivering anything other than Surepost and Smartpost (in addition to their volume). No way they should be delivering ground freight.