Rally To Protest No A/C In UPS Trucks

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I have had an EV for just over a year and running the AC does not have a noticeable effect on the batteries. The problem that they may run in to is during the winter----I noticed about a 30% less charging capability during the winter.

JL 0513

About as much as it costs to add dash cams to every package car.
Factory installed ACs cost a lot more than dash cams. Retrofitting ACs into the existing fleet would come at a much higher price tag. Then the ongoing cost of more fuel needed to run AC, especially when it all goes out the door every stop.

Johney

I have had an EV for just over a year and running the AC does not have a noticeable effect on the batteries. The problem that they may run in to is during the winter----I noticed about a 30% less charging capability during the winter.
The problem is going to be is when the batteries have out lived their life. Let’s talk then about how good your EV is.

Pullman Brown

We lack good journalism in this country! UPS Public relations statement on some of these local stations is misleading! Our fleet might contain 10-15 percent of these new package trucks with double fans and worthless vents. Somebody needs to explain that to the reporters that all the rest of the fleet have none of what UPS is describing! And then there’s the six days a week… do not vote yes on any contract that does not deal with this six day a week crap!

Last edited:
I have picked up at 7 different amazon facilities about the size of my hub and they are all air conditioned. Some of them you can drive the truck right inside to get the pickup...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
i thought global warming was fake

why protest now?

dont protest, just vote for trump or biden or hillary, or that :censored2: from florida again, they will give you AC at your work........just trust them ;)
Why do you equate snowflake whining with global warming. It's summer and out of 1000's of drivers we've had one unfortunate heat related death.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
You wished
Startup is comparable.
Electric AC units don't use fuel.
Large fleet discount is probable.
No monitoring fee for AC.
No :censored2:ing excuse why UPS can't do this for us.

1658538521186.png
Screenshot_20220722-210927_Chrome.jpg