Rally To Protest No A/C In UPS Trucks

ThePackageDeli

We probably ought to be focused less on retrofitting the existing fleet with A/C, and focused more on making sure the tens of thousands of electric vehicles rolling out over the next 5-10 years have A/C and better cargo ventilation. And I won't be surprised if they will.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
And Florida. Those states are hot sure but the humidity/heat here will wipe you out. A/C here would be useless except for the ride to and from your route. The last route I had before going into feeders A/C would’ve been useless on area the stops were all too close together.
I've been in rentals in the middle of summer. It is definitely nicer to have a/c. .

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
This is interesting...
Screenshot_20220906-165302.png

FozziesDeliveries

I hope the union decides to push sensible things for the contract and this A/C idea is something they are just starting with in negotiations but step back on right away. There should be fans in all truck cabs without having to jump through loop holes and paperwork to get them. There also needs to be better venting in the cargo area. These things will help and should be more feasible and reasonable to achieve than retrofitting the fleet with a/c.