Rally today at City Hall for the Maspeth 250

QKRSTKR

As wrong as all this has been on both sides, is UPS actually making things any better by their actions? They to could have said "dang! This sucks. Can't have this happen again." Sit down with the union, offer up some suspensions, get back to normal. Now we have city and state officials involved. Talking about taking back breaks for the company. I think UPS needs a mulligan as well. Instead it's black eye after black eye.

Feederquacker

So what should the reaction have been by the company? Does anyone here think these Members should have the right to shut down operations on impulse? There is a process for that. Their choice to walk. They have to now pay the piper. Did the Company over react? Maybe. They certainly weren't going to get rolled over by the mob. I don't like saying that but they did this as a group. They were walking on emotion, not principle.

Sent using BrownCafe App

WESLA

It is what it is
So what should the reaction have been by the company? Does anyone here think these Members should have the right to shut down operations on impulse? There is a process for that. Their choice to walk. They have to now pay the piper. Did the Company over react? Maybe. They certainly weren't going to get rolled over by the mob. I don't like saying that but they did this as a group. They were walking on emotion, not principle.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Dude you weren't there and don't know what actions led up to that walkout. If you work for ups then you know this situation was instigated over time.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Both sides screwed up. But at the same time they put us through hell and back everyday. Im glad their getting exposed for the jerks that they are. If the public didn't know how big of jerks they were before they do now lol.

Feederquacker

Both sides screwed up. But at the same time they put us through hell and back everyday. I'm glad their getting exposed for the jerks that they are. If the public didn't know how big of jerks they were before they do now lol.
Ok... So what do you think the public's perception of UPS "should" be? I for one, want the public to think very highly of UPS. I like my job and the money that supports my family that UPS pays me. If the public starts thinking of UPS as a horrible company that looks to shaft their employees at every turn and absolutely wants to fire all the drivers (as someone said earlier (or in another post)) for new drivers they don't have to pay top rate.... then we are screwed and the "public" WILL take their business elsewhere. Then what? Some of the "Die Hards" on this forum seem to think that even if they bash the company constantly and try to force a strike over three supplements, the customers that we as drivers have built relationships with over the years will always be there after the smoke clears. It took years to get most of them back last time. It would be 10 times harder if we do it again. The Country was with us for the most part last time. They will be against us now. Do you have any idea what shutting down UPS would mean for our economy in today's climate? It would be devastating. So, again, I ask...... What should the public think of UPS?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Ok... So what do you think the public's perception of UPS "should" be? I for one, want the public to think very highly of UPS. I like my job and the money that supports my family that UPS pays me. If the public starts thinking of UPS as a horrible company that looks to shaft their employees at every turn and absolutely wants to fire all the drivers (as someone said earlier (or in another post)) for new drivers they don't have to pay top rate.... then we are screwed and the "public" WILL take their business elsewhere. Then what? Some of the "Die Hards" on this forum seem to think that even if they bash the company constantly and try to force a strike over three supplements, the customers that we as drivers have built relationships with over the years will always be there after the smoke clears. It took years to get most of them back last time. It would be 10 times harder if we do it again. The Country was with us for the most part last time. They will be against us now. Do you have any idea what shutting down UPS would mean for our economy in today's climate? It would be devastating. So, again, I ask...... What should the public think of UPS?
Yeah the customers will be there after we clean up the idiots garbage every day like we always do. But yet we get blamed for everything by the company, even though those numbnutts are the ones who screw everything up. Its kinda like changing a babies diapers all day lol.

Feederquacker

Yeah the customers will be there after we clean up the idiots garbage every day like we always do. But yet we get blamed for everything by the company, even though those numbnutts are the ones who screw everything up. Its kinda like changing a babies diapers all day lol.
You honestly think the customers will not take their business elsewhere? The shear threat of a strike from Local 89 and the stupidity coming from 804 by abandoning their jobs make for an uneasy relationship for customers that need their shipments not to have any service interruptions. We have a pharmaceutical company here in my area that uses NDA for the majority of their business and they ship a freakin massive amount. There has been talk from them for the last few months of them taking their business to FEDEX because they worry that Louisville will go on strike and their customers won't get their meds. Why is that no big deal to those on here that want a shut down? That is just one example of the pressure on our customers that will be and are being affected. I for one an just getting tired of this BS. The 250 that walked, had no right to do that. There is a process for work stoppages and they didn't follow it. Kinda like going into a bank and walking straight to the vault to get "your money" without letting anyone from the bank get it for you. There is a process for withdrawing "your money" and if you don't follow it and just do what you want rather than what you're supposed to do, you go to jail. Wouldn't matter if it is "your money". Same rules apply here. These guys have been Union members long enough to know what they were doing was wrong.

You honestly think the customers will not take their business elsewhere? The shear threat of a strike from Local 89 and the stupidity coming from 804 by abandoning their jobs make for an uneasy relationship for customers that need their shipments not to have any service interruptions. We have a pharmaceutical company here in my area that uses NDA for the majority of their business and they ship a freakin massive amount. There has been talk from them for the last few months of them taking their business to FEDEX because they worry that Louisville will go on strike and their customers won't get their meds. Why is that no big deal to those on here that want a shut down? That is just one example of the pressure on our customers that will be and are being affected. I for one an just getting tired of this BS. The 250 that walked, had no right to do that. There is a process for work stoppages and they didn't follow it. Kinda like going into a bank and walking straight to the vault to get "your money" without letting anyone from the bank get it for you. There is a process for withdrawing "your money" and if you don't follow it and just do what you want rather than what you're supposed to do, you go to jail. Wouldn't matter if it is "your money". Same rules apply here. These guys have been Union members long enough to know what they were doing was wrong.
Are you going to show your post to HR, when you apply for a management position?

Feederquacker

Are you going to show your post to HR, when you apply for a management position?
friend-OFF!!! Tell me what I've said that is off base? In today's economy there is little chance for us to retain those customers if we strike! I've been here long enough for a reduction in volume to not put me out of work but I look at those around me that aren't as fortunate as I am and think that they don't deserve that because some 250 impulsive package car drivers got what they were told they would get if they walked. Likewise, those same Brothers and Sisters around me also don't deserve to be kept in limbo over a contract that SHOULD HAVE BEEN SETTLED A YEAR AGO!!!! I look at what they are asking for and I have a hard time empathizing with them. $100 deductible in the fifth year? That's the kind if crap they are voting no over??? Give me a break! And for anyone here to question my character over voicing what I'll bet to be the MAJORITIES feelings on this subject... I would have to question why you don't have he best interest at heart for those who will be hurt by all this nonsense. OUR UNION BROTHERS AND SISTERS

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jersey brown

friend-OFF!!! Tell me what I've said that is off base? In today's economy there is little chance for us to retain those customers if we strike! I've been here long enough for a reduction in volume to not put me out of work but I look at those around me that aren't as fortunate as I am and think that they don't deserve that because some 250 impulsive package car drivers got what they were told they would get if they walked. Likewise, those same Brothers and Sisters around me also don't deserve to be kept in limbo over a contract that SHOULD HAVE BEEN SETTLED A YEAR AGO!!!! I look at what they are asking for and I have a hard time empathizing with them. $100 deductible in the fifth year? That's the kind if crap they are voting no over??? Give me a break! And for anyone here to question my character over voicing what I'll bet to be the MAJORITIES feelings on this subject... I would have to question why you don't have he best interest at heart for those who will be hurt by all this nonsense. OUR UNION BROTHERS AND SISTERS

Sent using BrownCafe App

Future

Victory Ride

Sent using BrownCafe App
I would say the "MAJORITIES" would like you banned from the Teamsters for life!

Feederquacker

Theres no way yoy are an union member.Why dont you go back to your office and do what management does best.NOTHING!
Been a Teamster for 20 years. Been a Steward, Organizer, and helped with several campaigns. I just don't like what I see happening. So before you try to bash me, prove me wrong. If you can't, then cork it!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Future

Victory Ride
Been a Teamster for 20 years. Been a Steward, Organizer, and helped with several campaigns. I just don't like what I see happening. So before you try to bash me, prove me wrong. If you can't, then cork it!

Sent using BrownCafe App
You also forgot to mention you have been a disgrace to the Teamster shield for 20yrs!