ralph nader on expectations, the american dream, corporate welfare

rickyb

Like most extremist Democrats, he believes money isn't real and the government should just create more of it out of thin air so that it doesn't matter if businesses are shut down.

It's called Modern Monetary Theory and it is a hot load of poisonous garbage.
actually what hte government is currently doing is MMT but its for the fatcats only.

It was poorly administered. Massive technical glitches made the process slow. Poor inadequate guidance was given to both the banks and businesses. There was no needs testing so a large portion of the money went to businesses that don’t need it. Companies that got it are afraid to use it because they don’t know if it will be forgiven or if they might need it for other bills. It is a sloppy program poorly done.
I think you are playing politics here. Many have given the money back. I am clear as to what is forgiven. Why do the applicants not know? You use it for payroll expenses, It’s a dollar for dollar savings to unemployment.

It will be fine

I think you are playing politics here. Many have given the money back. I am clear as to what is forgiven. Why do the applicants not know? You use it for payroll expenses, It’s a dollar for dollar savings to unemployment.
I own a business and am participating in the program. It has been poorly done. The guidance has changed multiple times. It is not clear at all what will be forgiven. There is what has been said will be forgiven but the application for forgiveness isn’t even available yet. The clarifications on guidance have made it even more confusing. It was hastily thrown together and poorly executed. There’s no doubt about that. I’m guessing you have a basic understanding of the program without having to get into the details so it sounds good to you.

I own a business and am participating in the program. It has been poorly done. The guidance has changed multiple times. It is not clear at all what will be forgiven. There is what has been said will be forgiven but the application for forgiveness isn’t even available yet. The clarifications on guidance have made it even more confusing. It was hastily thrown together and poorly executed. There’s no doubt about that. I’m guessing you have a basic understanding of the program without having to get into the details so it sounds good to you.
Of course It was hastily thrown together. It was an emergency to backstop the economy. When was the last time they did such a program? Therefore will be unforeseen challenges. Did you not include your payroll information with your application?

https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/PPP--Fact-Sheet.pdf

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Unintelligent business owners will undoubtedly struggle with the program.

It will be fine

Of course I was hastily thrown together. It was an emergency to backstop the economy. When was the last time they did such a program? Therefore will be unforeseen challenges. Did you not include your payroll information with your application?

https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/PPP--Fact-Sheet.pdf
Yes that’s how I got the loan. Say you own a business and applied for this. It took 5-6 weeks for the money. In that time you’ve laid off several employees. They are now getting unemployment with the extra $600 from the feds. Does it make sense to hire them back with ppp funds when there’s still no work? Or do you use those funds for other expenses to keep the company alive? It’s not a simple program that is working as intended. It’s a dumpster fire ripe for abuse because it was administered poorly.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yes that’s how I got the loan. Say you own a business and applied for this. It took 5-6 weeks for the money. In that time you’ve laid off several employees. They are now getting unemployment with the extra $600 from the feds. Does it make sense to hire them back with ppp funds when there’s still no work? Or do you use those funds for other expenses to keep the company alive? It’s not a simple program that is working as intended. It’s a dumpster fire ripe for abuse because it was administered poorly.
Give me a break.
You leftists were complaining that money went out to business owners so quickly FFS. You're grasping at straws because you're upset it was administered appropriately and you can't bash Trump.

It is a loan first. You use it as you see fit to keep your business afloat. If you use it on payroll items, you keep people from collecting unemployment. That portion will be forgiven. Maybe you didn’t really need the loan if you don’t know where to allocate those funds.

fishtm2001

"President Donald Trump and his Republican defenders in Congress have followed his lead in declaring war on observed reality. Critical reports are “fake news,” journalists reporting the facts are “enemies of the people,” a phrase of Vladimir Lenin’s, debunked conspiracy theories are repeated, and public servants testifying under oath about documented events are dismissed as Never Trumpers.

Unable to change the facts, Trump and his supporters instead try to shift the debate into an alternate universe where the truth is whatever they say it is today. Trump repeats the same lies over and over, and it’s hard to say which is more troubling — that his followers don’t realize that they are lies or that they don’t care."

Garry Kasparov

Give me a break.
You leftists were complaining that money went out to business owners so quickly FFS. You're grasping at straws because you're upset it was administered appropriately and you can't bash Trump.
Come on, there is plenty to bash trump about. I don’t believe trump had much to do with PPP anyway.

It will be fine

It is a loan first. You use it as you see fit to keep your business afloat. If you use it on payroll items, you keep people from collecting unemployment. That portion will be forgiven. Maybe you didn’t really need the loan if you don’t know where to allocate those funds.
It amusing a “conservative” believes the government can hand out $700 billion and there won’t be tons of abuse. Keep riding that unicorn on the rainbow road to work.

It amusing a “conservative” believes the government can hand out $700 billion and there won’t be tons of abuse. Keep riding that unicorn on the rainbow road to work.
Now you are talking about abuse? There is abuse of EVERY govt program. I do like giving loans vs giving flat out cash. Forgiven funds don’t cost the government a thing.