Random Facts

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_2912_41.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Get some exercise: Not only does exercise keep your weight in check, it also boosts your mental health and mood, while extending your lifespan and strengthening bones and muscles.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The outside Christmas lights are up...…..the threat of rain pushed our schedule up a couple days. It was cloudy all day yesterday and not quite cold, but cool. It takes rain events a couple days to move in here.

I'll be working on the tree in the next day or so.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Laugh a little : Laughing isn't only fun, it's healthy, too! It lowers stress, which is known to trigger internal inflammation that can speed up the aging process.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That damn USPS...….mailed an anniv card to my daughter to be there by Nov. 16th. It was returned to me today saying the address doesn't exist. I've been mailing there for years and indeed the address was correct. Because the P.O. cancelled it, I had to re-pay postage. Those creeps!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Reduce your stress: Identify the negative trigger points in your life and cut them out. If your commute is a sore point, get up earlier and take your time to enjoy the ride.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Our neighbors just bought a lot in Oracle AZ. It's a Robson Community called Saddlebrook Ranch. They are downsizing. They have been here next door since day one. (15 years). They are great neighbors...….we both mind our own business, but are there for mail collection when on vacation. They love my spaghetti & meatballs and she does homemade Chinese stuff. We don't socialize a lot, just sometimes. That's the kind of neighbors I like. It'll probably take a year to build their new home.
They will list their present home for $1.4 million. God, I hope we don't get a "gadfly".

moreluck

golden ticket member
I discovered vegasworld.com
free games and I can bet $40,000 a hand on poker!! (fake money). It's a lot of fun if you just say 'no' to all the things they want you to sign up for.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The local homeless guy gets a coffee at Starbucks every morning...

I stood in line behind him and when the Christmas music was playing he was like a maestro and conducting with hands waving in the air. I took one step back....not because I was scared, but an artist needs his room.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The best part about California, aside from the weather, is filmed pursuits that always seem to happen close to rush hour. I don't know for sure, but I think it's some kind of law that you have to stop what you're doing and sit down and watch your favorite local channel as the helicopter pilot films it for you. The news personalities provide the comedy relief trying to fill gaps of silence and they babble on and on.
It's a ritual for us to sit and watch.