Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lighten up and live longer - Don't hold it in.
People who hide their feelings are likely to become overwhelmed by them, leading to ulcers and even heart failure. Letting your emotions out is healthy physically and emotionally.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Today is cookie making day (pizzelles).
I give them as gifts to the neighbors, my doctors and chemo nurses. I used to ship them all over, but shipping costs are high. Lots of down time doing these, so I'll watch the George H.W. Bush funeral. I've managed to avoid all the news since last Saturday, so I've not seen all the coverage.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The pizzelles got made and today is delivery day in Newport Beach to the Gynecologic Oncology Associates (GOA) to all the doctors and chemo nurses.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Baking a pistachio cake today. Hubby's b-day is in a couple days and our neighbor just had hers on Dec. 7th, so they are sharing the cake. I am making a spaghetti & meatball dinner for them too. Busy, busy!

moreluck

golden ticket member
The HOA topped the pine trees (took off 20 or more feet)…….they have been neglected for years and blocking the sun from entering my backyard. Complaining finally got the job done. Wayward branches are no longer intertwining with my flowering plum trees. The pine trees line the backyards of 5 homes...the other side of our wall.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I got a Christmas card from my life-long friend who is a couple years older than me. In the card were several gift cards....Chile's, Subway and Cracker Barrel. We don't have Cracker Barrel.....there are only 2 in California.
I can just picture my friend buying all gift cards and thinking "this one is for so-and-so etc"

The enclosed receipt showed the cards purchased plus it also showed an IHOP card. IHOP is our breakfast spot.
She probably mixed up the cards. It is easy to do if you don't write things down. I put the Cracker Barrel card in an envelope with the receipt and am sending it back so she can give it to the intended recipient. Getting old ain't easy!!

oldngray

nowhere special
a_universe_05.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yesterday was National Maple Syrup Day. Yesterday I knocked over a plastic bottle of maple syrup from a high cabinet. The top broke off when it hit the floor. What a mess !! Coincidence? I think not!

moreluck

golden ticket member
We were in Ross Dress For Less this morning when they opened at 8:00 a.m. They are really picked over. There won't be anything left for an after Christmas sale.