Rate your mechanics

Big Babooba

We have 10 automotive mechanics in our building. I would rate 8 of them as excellent, 1 as average and the last one would make a good paperweight or doorstop. On a whole,these guys work hard but are fighting a losing battle. We break em faster than they can fix em.

Ms Spoken

My mechanic is useless. When I got a different truck and had to change mechanics he told me to never write anything up. He is about a lazy as they come. I still write up my truck when needed but, I guess I was spoiled from the other guy. Since I have been a driver I have always bought gift cards for the mechanics but, this year might be different.

local804

Mechanics in our district are pretty good I must admit. Even the suits in the Auto shop are pretty cool. The shop manager in our building got 100 on thier eri survey. He keeps his guys happy and they respect that. Maybe the shop mgr should get together with the package CMs and teach them something about honor and respect. jmo

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We got about six of them that work in my small Hub, and they seem to do a good job. I wish I could hire them to work on my personal vehicles, I trust them. The PMIs are always done on time, and my Package Car has always stopped when I wanted it to. A couple of them are known for writing smart alec answers to the driver's description of the problems in the DVIR books sometimes. Normally, most problems are fixed overnight, including transmission swaps. They only send out body shop work to outside contractors, although if it is a major repair on a new vehicle still under warenty, it will go to the Freightliner dealer down the street.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
There's one mechanic that always pampering and coddling the women drivers. All I know is when it rains around here ...ALL..of the trucks here leak except these womens...the trucks they drive have new tires..and the interior is cleaner than my own car (personal)...Favoritism?? You can see it in our center.

brownrodster

We have 10 automotive mechanics in our building. I would rate 8 of them as excellent, 1 as average and the last one would make a good paperweight or doorstop. On a whole,these guys work hard but are fighting a losing battle. We break em faster than they can fix em.

holy..... how many trucks for those 10?

1 mechanic. 60 trucks. he's A+. But all our trucks are brand new.

dragracer66

There's one mechanic that always pampering and coddling the women drivers. All I know is when it rains around here ...ALL..of the trucks here leak except these womens...the trucks they drive have new tires..and the interior is cleaner than my own car (personal)...Favoritism?? You can see it in our center.
Then what you need to do is go to the shop manager and have him hire a few female's to take care of all the men driver truck's!!! And hire a few shemale's to take care of the "alternate lifestyle" driver's,not that there's anything wrong with that!!!:laugh:

raceanoncr

Here, we got some pretty good mechs. Most will really work with you if you don't go over board.

Exam: When we had white Penske truck, in about Oct, we asked Penske guys if maybe we could have some new drive tires for before winter. We drove Il, WI, CO, all of midwest, had some pretty crappy winters. They responded, "They are all at least 3/32 and well within DOT guidelines". YEah, but are they gonna be in Feb and Mar in a snowstorm in WI?

Now in brown mileage truck, I asked assigned mech about drive tires...gettin pretty nasty, although within legal limits. He said, "No, problem. Next PMI". It helps that he's a cover driver too during summer and peak. HAH

By coincidence, two of our slackest supes came from mech. They were slugs when hourly mechs and are worse slugs now.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
We have two mechanics. They go over and above board to take care of our vehicles. All I have to do is get on the phone at night and call.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We have three, and they are all good, mine is number one. The number three guy is Ok, but if I lost my mechanic, I would have to break down and cry. Hes an excellent mechanic, excellent family man, and a pleasure to know.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yeah, that was the 48DD..........
Uh err, she meant 38, must have also been blonde:cool:(just kidding, brunettes like the blonde jokes)
But the numbers are close together on the keyboard.....