Rate Your Center Manager

quad decade guy

As a PVD (ok, scab, WTFever) I got pitiful training but I'm good at figuring things out. Still there are a lot of questions I need answers to. The drivers can't help because they don't use the :censored2: smart phone I use so I have to call my manager. It's like messaging a dog. He NEVER gets back to me. Im starting to get pissed. I don't want to go above him but there are critical issues I've come across that I don't know how to handle.
You are expected to "handle" things. You will NEVER get trained on every possibility. This is what folks have been trying to tell you.

You claim to be bright, sharp and all that. Figure it out. You can't deliver on the phone all day.

If me....I'd park myself in the ORS's office/Mgr. until I got the answers....

UPSER1987

As a PVD (ok, scab, WTFever) I got pitiful training but I'm good at figuring things out. Still there are a lot of questions I need answers to. The drivers can't help because they don't use the :censored2: smart phone I use so I have to call my manager. It's like messaging a dog. He NEVER gets back to me. Im starting to get pissed. I don't want to go above him but there are critical issues I've come across that I don't know how to handle.
There is nothing “critical” about this job. Most anyone that is breathing and has a fraction of common sense can do it. Drive and work safely and let common sense take over. It’s just cardboard after all. Lol

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
I respectfully disagree.
I want to to do this job, or any job I come across, using the best resources available to me. I hate the idea of being limited due to the incompetence of others. I also hate the lack of communication. It's his job to help the PVD drivers and crickets is all I get.

UPSER1987

I respectfully disagree.
I want to to do this job, or any job I come across, using the best resources available to me. I hate the idea of being limited due to the incompetence of others. I also hate the lack of communication. It's his job to help the PVD drivers and crickets is all I get.
But unfortunately, he is probably dealing with employees who already know the job, but don’t get enough attention at home and feel the need to be a spectacle at work. Unfortunately, UPS no longer is the place to do your work and go home. It is the house of drama. Get in early to bitch about your job, stay late off the clock to bitch about your job. Only at UPS. The real “issues” slip through the crack as a result. But as I indicated, any mouth breather can perform the job unsupervised.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
But unfortunately, he is probably dealing with employees who already know the job, but don’t get enough attention at home and feel the need to be a spectacle at work. Unfortunately, UPS no longer is the place to do your work and go home. It is the house of drama. Get in early to bitch about your job, stay late off the clock to bitch about your job. Only at UPS. The real “issues” slip through the crack as a result. But as I indicated, any mouth breather can perform the job unsupervised.
You know better than I do about the work environment at the center.
I'm glad I don't have to go to the center. The driver drops my route off at my house on his way to his route.

UPSER1987

You know better than I do about the work environment at the center.
I'm glad I don't have to go to the center. The driver drops my route off at my house on his way to his route.
Consider that a perk of being a PVD. You don’t have to witness whiny adults make fools of themselves every day.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Call his boss and tell him you don’t like the way you are being treated and it’s got to stop

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You should call the On-Car Supervisor who is in charge of your delivery area and not the Center Manager. This is who is in charge of you and has to answer for any problems. Get his name and phone number from your driver when he drops off your packages in the morning.

quad decade guy

There is nothing “critical” about this job. Most anyone that is breathing and has a fraction of common sense can do it. Drive and work safely and let common sense take over. It’s just cardboard after all. Lol
I had the same route for 14 years...heavy industrial, 50 pickups and 50 resis. Putting a rookie on my route was a disaster. You get behind on pickups.....you never catch up. We don't miss pickups. You know this. I'd call that critical. Flying an airplane isn't too difficult but definitely some "critical" phases in there. You can crash and burn a route too......

Now all the bomb throwers....who say productivity doesn't matter....it does.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I had the same route for 14 years...heavy industrial, 50 pickups and 50 resis. Putting a rookie on my route was a disaster. You get behind on pickups.....you never catch up. We don't miss pickups. You know this. I'd call that critical. Flying an airplane isn't too difficult but definitely some "critical" phases in there. You can crash and burn a route too......

Now all the bomb throwers....who say productivity doesn't matter....it does.
Miss a pick up and find out if productivity matters.

KOG72

I’m full of it
From 1 - 10 with one being the worst to 10 being the best.

My center manager gets a "1".

And for the record, I have around 10 or so other managers who have worked at my center for comparison.

I've never worked with one who has been more blatantly dishonest and disrespectful than our current one.

How would you rate your center manager and how long has he/she been at your center?

KOG72

I’m full of it
They are all suck asses they cannot do anything they are told what to do ,so they are actually just there to do the grunt work and fill up a chair in an office.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Many years ago a center manager at one of our podunk extended centers recorded a conference call.
He then sent the tape and a letter to Atlanta saying, "I'm quitting and here's why I'm quitting.".
I heard Atlanta contacted him asking him not to quit.
I never heard what happened after that.

Historically helping.
Wonder what would happen if they talked to a teamster like that.???

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
No center manager should be rated above a 3 with 100 being the highest mark. They are puppeteers for corporate stooges that sell stock, not deliver packages and are incapable of making a valid decision as they don’t actually have the green light to do so. If you have one that is a three he will try to be compassionate about how terrible the job is. A zero to one rating is the center manager that takes advantage of his/her union workforce by excessive discipline and firings when they aren’t warranted, knowing full well that most terminations won’t stick, but doing so to cause strife in other peoples lives just because he can and his wife is sleeping with a drug dealer Or maybe they are lesbian that took 30 years to get promoted and now has huge legs and their partner left them because they have a short grey haircut.
I gotta tell you. That is brutal.

But its the truth.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
UPS has been pushing out the intimidating center managers it’s actually nice to see. Our one center manager got locked up few years back. Our manager of 6 years get a 10. No warning letters last 6 years. WE ARE FAMILY HERE
🧔✊
We had 8 different center managers is a 10 year span. 1 quit, 2 were demoted back to on-road, 1 retired and the remaining 4 were fired for dishonesty, stealing, sleeping with drivers among other things.