Rates going up 4.9%

mungrin

Banned
How do you know? Because they told you what they were making? If they were hired at the same station that you were then they couldn't be making more than you when they were hired. If after you were hired, the minimum pay was raised and it went above what you were making, then you would automatically move to that new minimum at the very least. So worse case scenario is that they made the same as you. Which still isn't right or fair but they couldn't possibly be making more than you as soon as they were hired.
Blah blah.I saw his check and this was back in 99.I already had a few raises and i was up to $15.12 and my friend got hired for $15.27 so you are wrong.

FedEx2000

Blah blah.I saw his check and this was back in 99.I already had a few raises and i was up to $15.12 and my friend got hired for $15.27 so you are wrong.

Then it had to be for a different job title.....if you were both in the same position/job code, it's not possible for you to be below the bottom of range. So either he was a Courier/DOT and you were say a Shuttle Driver or Courier/Handler, or you mis-read it.

Broke

I've worked at Fedex for over 8 years and currently make 15.60 per hr. My review scores have always been 6.5-6.9, with the exception of my very first one which was 5.5. It's sux that I've worked so hard to achieve the pay that I have and some locations start out over a dollar more than what I make after I've given 8 years of service.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Except this time (as usual) I'm not. See FedEx2000's post for a probable explanation. Either way, it's called a range minimum for a reason.

Either way, it's just another method to rip-off employees and stuff Fred's pockets with more cash.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
what got me mad was when i got hired.As soon as they hired couriers after me they were making more than me!!!!

How do you know? Because they told you what they were making? If they were hired at the same station that you were then they couldn't be making more than you when they were hired. If after you were hired, the minimum pay was raised and it went above what you were making, then you would automatically move to that new minimum at the very least. So worse case scenario is that they made the same as you. Which still isn't right or fair but they couldn't possibly be making more than you as soon as they were hired.

I think FDXguy is right. Just last week I'm opening my check in front of a group of CRRs. We all know what we're making so, there's no "don't tell anybody what you're making" shenanigans going on. A guy that got hired just one year after me is looking over my shoulder. (remember, I've been there 4 yrs. as a FT DOT CRR, he's been there 3 yrs. same position) I show him that I'm making $16.80/hr. I ask him, what he's making? He says he's making $16.07/hr. I say, that's not possible, the starting min. pay right now is $16.17/hr. He says "I know, it's not fair". This guy might not be getting 7s on his reviews but, he seems like a pretty reliable, hard working dude.

There happened to be a long time CRR there and an OPS manager. The long timer said "It's true, some people in here have started out at more than people that have been here". I immediately turn to the OPS manager (who recently became an OPS manager after only being with X for about 3 yrs.) He confirmed that right now, at our sta., if you get hired today, you're gonna get $16.17/hr. while Mr. 3 year dude is making $.10 less.

This OPS mgr. even mentioned that soon after he was hired, at whatever rate, he knew that some people that got hired just after him started out a higher rate. This guy was comparing apples to apples. No BS about job titles or whatever.

So, there we have it folks. I have every reason to believe both of these people. There were about 5 of us all standing around the time clock when we had this discussion so, no secrets in the mgrs. office or anything.

For me, that's the straw that broke the camel's back. If X can't bump up the hourly pay to an employee that's been there and match what they're hiring newbies off the street, that tears it!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think FDXguy is right. Just last week I'm opening my check in front of a group of CRRs. We all know what we're making so, there's no "don't tell anybody what you're making" shenanigans going on. A guy that got hired just one year after me is looking over my shoulder. (remember, I've been there 4 yrs. as a FT DOT CRR, he's been there 3 yrs. same position) I show him that I'm making $16.80/hr. I ask him, what he's making? He says he's making $16.07/hr. I say, that's not possible, the starting min. pay right now is $16.17/hr. He says "I know, it's not fair". This guy might not be getting 7s on his reviews but, he seems like a pretty reliable, hard working dude.

There happened to be a long time CRR there and an OPS manager. The long timer said "It's true, some people in here have started out at more than people that have been here". I immediately turn to the OPS manager (who recently became an OPS manager after only being with X for about 3 yrs.) He confirmed that right now, at our sta., if you get hired today, you're gonna get $16.17/hr. while Mr. 3 year dude is making $.10 less.

This OPS mgr. even mentioned that soon after he was hired, at whatever rate, he knew that some people that got hired just after him started out a higher rate. This guy was comparing apples to apples. No BS about job titles or whatever.

So, there we have it folks. I have every reason to believe both of these people. There were about 5 of us all standing around the time clock when we had this discussion so, no secrets in the mgrs. office or anything.

For me, that's the straw that broke the camel's back. If X can't bump up the hourly pay to an employee that's been there and match what they're hiring newbies off the street, that tears it!

FedEx doesn't get it, and never will get it on the pay issue. They're going to string-out the multiple pay scales and ridiculous topout times as long as possible. Why? Because it saves them millions. What they don't understand is how much it pisses employees off and creates a poor work environment. It's amazing how stupid this strategy will prove to be in the long run when most quality people just leave. Save a penny now, and lose a dollar later.

FedExer267

I feel for you guys. 20 year top outs are ridiculous. At the end of the day they have some kind of excuse for every entity of FedEx corp. The one thing I believe they bank on is we will never all get together and walk out. Not like they could fire everyone. I personally believe thats why the keep us seperate they would be screwed if we all binded together to prove a point. Cant treat people like crap fprever because more times than not old Mr. Karma come knocking.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I feel for you guys. 20 year top outs are ridiculous. At the end of the day they have some kind of excuse for every entity of FedEx corp. The one thing I believe they bank on is we will never all get together and walk out. Not like they could fire everyone. I personally believe thats why the keep us seperate they would be screwed if we all binded together to prove a point. Cant treat people like crap fprever because more times than not old Mr. Karma come knocking.

If that's true, then Fred is due one heaping dose of cosmic payback.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
If X is actually pulling crap like this, I don't see any pay increase in our future. Why would they want to make less money?