Re-bidding Routes Annually (delivery)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yep.
I am an old man with a gravy route, we bid lifetime unless bumped because of re-looping.

They "gave" the route to a less senior runner gunner for a few years by a little trick they use. When I bumped him off it, I had to gradually get the stop counts down using many 9.5 grievances.

Now the utility drivers fight over who covers my route when I am off.
When I finally give up my route a seasoned driver will get it who will keep the stop count down like I do.

So it will be passed down from one milker to another.

tourists24

Article 37, Section 1, Subsection c.

"If a driver is paid a penalty under this subsection more than three (3) times in a single five (5) month opt-in period, then the District labor Manager and Business Agent will meet with the Center Manager, the steward and the driver to ensure future compliance under this subsection. If any other further penalty is paid on this employee during the five (5) month period, a meeting shall be scheduled with the above parties and the Co-Chairs of the applicable Supplemental panel to determine what actions are necessary to ensure compliance."
If you have strong local leadership this can help.....if not, then the company just continues to pay out 9.5's.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If you have strong local leadership this can help.....if not, then the company just continues to pay out 9.5's.

Here after the 3rd 9.5 grievance you get a sit down with the BA the labor manager and center manager and steward

I’ve sat in on a few typically this takes care of any 9.5 issues

As a bonus labor manager makes center manager look like an idiot

35years

Gravy route
Here after the 3rd 9.5 grievance you get a sit down with the BA the labor manager and center manager and steward

I’ve sat in on a few typically this takes care of any 9.5 issues

As a bonus labor manager makes center manager look like an idiot
Exact same experience here as well.

35years

Gravy route
So it will be passed down from one milker to another.
So Upstate and Frigid assume I am a milker.

I believe in a fair day's pay for a fair day's work.
I believe in working every minute I am paid, and being paid for every minute I work.

Upstate, on the other hand has admitted to going in early every day and setting up his load, pulling clerk packages, gathering supplies, delivering pkgs on his way home etc., all off the clock. Then he looks down at other drivers who are not as under-allowed as him.

No, Upstate I am not a milker. Neither am I a boot-licker who always assumes his brother Teamsters are inferior to him, and gaming the system.

I do fight management every time they assume they can push and harass drivers into doing things that are illegal, unsafe, violate the contract, or violate the human dignity of the employee. That includes working off the clock, excessive overtime, pushing for an unreasonable work pace, and violations of seniority rights. I am the one still employed, while many of the managers who wanted me gone were terminated.

So i file 9.5 and other grievances. I work at a reasonable, consistent rate, and guess what... I am a scratch driver.

If I ran and worked off the clock the allowance for my route would be adjusted, and my stops would go up. Any driver who thinks the time studies (virtual or physically performed) are representative, consistent or even unchanging is incredibly naive or perhaps ignorant.

As for Frigid also assuming I am a milker... I would expect no less out of management. In 35+ years I have never seen an on-car who could hold a candle to the work ethic of a good driver. The times I have been on TAW and in the office all day I have seen how incredibly inefficient they are with their time.

Last edited: