Re-bidding Routes Annually (delivery)

bb2times

In the past, I have seen where some centers will re-bid delivery routes annually. At this time, we do not practice this in our center, but some of us are interested in the idea. From a union standpoint, what steps would we need to take to get our routes bid on a yearly basis? Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Ours is every 2 yrs. In the long run. I see them dropping bidding. For ever routes. Unless someone quits or fired.
I'm just sick of the add cuts. I bid on this area here. But they cut my work. Then give me another areas work in it's place. Is their a grievance for this? They are abusing the 50% rule.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Ours is every 2 yrs. In the long run. I see them dropping bidding. For ever routes. Unless someone quits or fired.
I'm just sick of the add cuts. I bid on this area here. But they cut my work. Then give me another areas work in it's place. Is their a grievance for this? They are abusing the 50% rule.
Read the bids. They all say “subject to extreme change or dissolution “

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
In the past, I have seen where some centers will re-bid delivery routes annually. At this time, we do not practice this in our center, but some of us are interested in the idea. From a union standpoint, what steps would we need to take to get our routes bid on a yearly basis? Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

There's probably a reason it is like that. Good luck trying to get everyone else in your local to go along with that kind of change.

I would love to see someone suggest this in my local. The up roar would be epic!

Ours are bid lifetime. That would be hilarious to have them suggest a yearly bid. The old timers who have been on their routes for 25 years would flip the friend* out.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
There's probably a reason it is like that. Good luck trying to get everyone else in your local to go along with that kind of change.

Ours are bid lifetime. That would be hilarious to have them suggest a yearly bid. The old timers who have been on their routes for 25 years would flip the friend* out.
Yea. No. Lifetime bids is way to go.

Rack em

Made the Podium

Those guys should have enough seniority to keep their route. This would mainly effect the younger seniority drivers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't ever see them getting rid of the biannual bidding process; however, if they are indeed moving 50% or more of your work to another run you do have the right to follow that work.

Trip has told us that his center does not bid any routes and that all drivers, regardless of seniority, are unassigned. That would suck.

Some centers have bid cycles as short as one year and others bid for life. To me, one year is way too short-----you just learn the area and may end up having to learn a new----while staying on the same route for 20-30 (or more) years would be really boring.

Ours are all "work as directed". The union needs to update on this. Ups knows where the work is before each day. They manipulate the numbets

Our previous center manager felt if OK to move drivers around as needed.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You need it in your local supplement. Contract year is coming up, make your voice heard.

It's definitely a supplemental or Local rider issue.

Only problem being, supplemental negotiations have already started.

Read the bids. They all say “subject to extreme change or dissolution “

In the Central Region.... contract language covers it.

"It is understood that day-to-day adjustments may be made."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

Good luck trying to get everyone else in your local to go along with that kind of change.

The OP has his sights set on a particular route.

Sound about right ?

-Bug-