Returntosender

Here, Amazon pays $15/hr with immediate benefits, pto, vacation, and in some places a sign on bonus. Most part timers don't expect to work longer than a few months or 1-2 years at UPS.

Can you really blame them for taking $18.75 FedEx Driver, $15 amazon warehouse and $15 FedEx sort? Higher pay DoE. Of course there's no union, but a large amount of new PT aren't using it here anyway despite a strong local.

Maybe UPS should take note. They're the only shippers/warehouses in town with staffing problems.
Presently UPS is training school for Amazon and Fed ex workers.

Returntosender

Personally, I am in awe of UPS non- hourly people. Pretty amazing what they do. Lol.
44218833-9B1C-4708-83B7-59F03E594702.gif

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
Unfortunately, UPS FT management is, and has always been as I know much like a UFC fighter. On an fight interview they may praise God, Mom & the U.S.A.... however their real personality is very angry & tormented. Around Y2K as preload swept the nation and package drivers no longer loaded their own cars and 1/2 of a late start neighbor car. UPS had to hire bosses for these preloads & inside for phones, technology advancements. These PT supervisors are just kids and really don't have that UFC mentality.

You sound like a caring young lady and I believe we all know what you're saying but the culture in management at UPS is not changing. Never has as long as I know. One thing it sounds like is you don't have a lot of chips on the table to be forced to hang in there just 12 more years or whatever. So, I would recommend to use this opportunity as a leader to venture out of UPS and find another career you'd be happy in.

It's not like you're staying for the cash, right? You get what 27-hours guaranteed a week but no more, no stock, between $25-30k. You can find that about anywhere and even more...plus, a sense of pride and when you get your ass chewed you know it's not UFC people... it's a legitimate reason.

Look elsewhere. Be happy & quit screwing all the horny drivers. :)

I'm 28, full time, and I have all of my chips on the table, unlike my :censored3: of a boss who is on the verge of getting canned, or "relocated" soon, so I plan on sticking around for that and then I'm gonna hop off the Bipolar train known as UPS management for something else that doesn't make me hate myself as much.

brown_trousers

Sorry guys, just been a tough week for me and the other sups at my building.
Our numbers are low enough to get corporates attention so upper management has been bigger jerks than normal. For the life of me I can't understand why UPS hasn't figured out by now that threatening someones job isn't the solution to a problem.

Oh, and it's she, not he. With the amount of complaining I do on here, you guys haven't realized i'm a woman yet?
The management game is like a terrorist organization. If you dont meet their expectations, they hold a metaphorical gun to your head to help motivate you.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Quite an exaggerated version but as I former On road he’s right.

Only thing I would say is I also saw a lot of unhappy hourly employees. Life is too short to be unhappy your entire career. UPS is a soul sucking establishment. If you don’t like it, run for the damn hills. Plenty of opportunities out there
And Brown Cafe is over- populated with these miserable people.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
This is a new one for me:

Effective immediately, all pt and ft sups who do not have their areas wrapped up by the daily projected time must write themselves up and list the reasons why, and what they can do to prevent it from happening in the future.

My boss has lost his freaking mind.

Turkleton

There's always women at the pool, baby!
That's for drivers, not management. We don't have to deal with the public, which can be scarier than anything corporate dishes out.

Not sure where you’re a supe, but here in NJ- both MI and Small Package- that’s absolutely mandatory for management. As a formerly bearded and long-haired, presently tattooed person, I can assure you being well-groomed and covering your ink is not an option.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
Not sure where you’re a supe, but here in NJ- both MI and Small Package- that’s absolutely mandatory for management. As a formerly bearded and long-haired, presently tattooed person, I can assure you being well-groomed and covering your ink is not an option.

Ah, no, you're absolutely right. I've been stuck at a building so understaffed they are lenient on these things.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
That’s correct.
When I retired, I didn’t cut my hair or beard for over 2 years.
Got several tattoos and enjoying retirement.

Try to get a man to shave his beard where I'm at would be an impossibility. Nay, heresy.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation

Effective immediately, all pt and ft sups who do not have their areas wrapped up by the daily projected time must write themselves up and list the reasons why, and what they can do to prevent it from happening in the future.

Be careful. Center, Operation & Division Managers often lurk here. I'm guilty of posts like this too. Just be cautious. CYOB.

In the mean time your first should read;

Today being my first write up was the fact I had to part from my supervisor duties to write myself up creating my loader's to be unsupervised and unable to wrap their cars up. Tomorrow & the next day look to be the same but I will have it 100% fixed by Sunday. (Always sign your middle name)

You might throw in "God Bless", it can't hurt. :)

PT Car Washer

Not an option because none of the PT sups follow any appearance guidelines. Not sure who has more ink, PT sups or hourly's.

Brisket

Good luck with peak right around the corner and the training of all the newbie preloaders.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
Be careful. Center, Operation & Division Managers often lurk here. I'm guilty of posts like this too. Just be cautious. CYOB.

In the mean time your first should read;

Today being my first write up was the fact I had to part from my supervisor duties to write myself up creating my loader's to be unsupervised and unable to wrap their cars up. Tomorrow & the next day look to be the same but I will have it 100% fixed by Sunday. (Always sign your middle name)

You might throw in "God Bless", it can't hurt. :)

Good idea on the "God bless", that way he can't touch the paper without it burning his hands.