CanOSup

One of them
Quite an exaggerated version but as I former On road he’s right.

Only thing I would say is I also saw a lot of unhappy hourly employees. Life is too short to be unhappy your entire career. UPS is a soul sucking establishment. If you don’t like it, run for the damn hills. Plenty of opportunities out there

So, did you do your time and retire?...or have enough and move on?...where did you end up?...just curious!

Had enough and moved on. Had plenty of job offers once I decided to leave. There’s a ton of opportunity if you just look for it

DOK

So, you've been told you should look into being a supervisor, huh?
That you're doing SUCH a good job, they want to promote you?
You'll make more money, get more hours, health insurance, AND you won't have to load trucks anymore?
I bet you're still in your 30 days,or you just qualified, so more hours and not having to wait for insurance sounds pretty tempting. Plus the sups here are really nice, and they seem happy.

LIESSSssssss

DON'T DO IT KID. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STAY HOURLY! LIFE IS PAIN!
If you love yourself in any way, do NOT go into management. Even if you hate yourself, don't do it!
If you don't meet their ridiculous numbers they yell at you and threaten your job, you'll never meet the numbers. And they don't care why, because EVERYTHING is your fault. If the air is late then you should have been flying the plane instead. Someone call in sick? You shouldn't have hired someone allergic to germs. They told me once after a tornado that I should have called God and had it rescheduled for Sunday.
Your PPH is off? They beat you. Misloads? They whip you for each one, so you better hope you're not put on a boxline, like I am. Man I don't even wanna know what they do to my boss, and his boss has been missing for a week.

Alright, I might be exaggerating a little bit, but management sucks. For real. If you don't believe me, then read the responses to this post.

Quite an exaggerated version but as I former On road he’s right.

Only thing I would say is I also saw a lot of unhappy hourly employees. Life is too short to be unhappy your entire career. UPS is a soul sucking establishment. If you don’t like it, run for the damn hills. Plenty of opportunities out there

That’s true, you have to have the mind set that each day you show up they have you for 10 hours. Some people struggle with this mental stuff, it’s not for everyone.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I wonder what the career expectancy is for management? Maybe average 5 years now compared to back in the day. The only thing I have to say when someone goes into management is you made your bed. You rolled the dice and yes you do not load, drive, or unload, but you will get screwed 10 times worse because you are in charge of controlling things you dont have controlled of which is people places and things. But you signed on this dotted line so make your peace or leave, most leave even full time sups.

Turkleton

There's always women at the pool, baby!
I wonder what the career expectancy is for management? Maybe average 5 years now compared to back in the day. The only thing I have to say when someone goes into management is you made your bed. You rolled the dice and yes you do not load, drive, or unload, but you will get screwed 10 times worse because you are in charge of controlling things you dont have controlled of which is people places and things. But you signed on this dotted line so make your peace or leave, most leave even full time sups.

Management isn't for everyone. If you don't like it, you just need to survive it long enough walk away with some good experience. If nothing else, UPS management experience looks damn good on a resume.

Besides, :censored3: rolls downhill no matter where you are. Non-management employees aren't exempt from that rule.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Management isn't for everyone. If you don't like it, you just need to survive it long enough walk away with some good experience. If nothing else, UPS management experience looks damn good on a resume.

Besides, :censored3: rolls downhill no matter where you are. Non-management employees aren't exempt from that rule.
Yeah but it helps knowing I have the union to help protect my job, management cant say that and :censored2: can roll down hill but I can choose to not listen.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Even the job title is misleading.
The term “manager” or “supervisor” implies that the person with that title has the authority to make a meaningful operational decision. At UPS, this is not the case.
UPS “managers” are not actually managers at all. They are “Plan Facilitators” and the plan that they are facilitating is not their own and is frequently devoid of any basis in reality.
As a UPS “manager” you will be held responsible for the failure of The Plan even though you had no voice in its creation and no authority to fix any of the problems that will prevent it from succeeding.
Whatever you do, don’t make the mistake of going into management with the idea that you will ever be able to make a difference. Because you wont.